By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I the only one not "in love" with Ghibli?

Yes! Princess Mononoke, Laputa castle in the sky and Nausicaa of the valley of the wind are truly awesome films. Not only that: Studio Ghibli is not just Miyazaki, Takahata's Only Yesterday and Kondo's Whisper of the Heart are also good movies.

Around the Network

You're not alone. There are plenty of soulless people in the world.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Sorry for the double post, but this trailer is wonderful:

Booh! said:

Sorry for the double post, but this trailer is wonderful:

NOW THIS IS THE GRAPHICS KING!

No, sadly. You should give thier films a try. I hold there films to be the pinnacle of film-making and unsurpassed by anything else.

Around the Network

I've actually watched both princes mononoko and spirited away some 10-20 mins more than once.

For some reason, neither could hold my attention to finish them.

They did castle in the sky and nausica? I like those 2, but no clue who made them. Okay, now, I like them a little bit. Nausicca was pretty good.

I love Nausicaa, Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle, and Spirited Away. Ponyo was alright. I wouldn't say I am in love with Miyazaki though. Everyone has different tastes.

Grave of Fireflies is up there with Akira as the best animated films of all time

Severance said:
senortaco said:

no...no you're not the only one, lol contrary to what everyone is saying, lol. I'm not into anime, and to be honest this is the first I've heard of the game...bbbbuuuuttttt I do consider myself a casual gamer too so...

he is talking about the animes you should watch them

Oh I thought this was related to the game that they have coming out on the PS3 & DS. :p

I TRIED to watch Sprited Away with my kids because of all the hype for that movie being a really good kids film, but it couldn't hold ANY of our interest, like say a WALL-E for example.  It's almost like Avatar. *shakes fist* I spend a fortune on that 3-D!!!!!111!!111111 one !!!!!!1111!!!

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Myak-04 said:

(Pats on head) Yes..... yes you are. 

what the hell!