By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I the only one not "in love" with Ghibli?

I'm not in love with them, but what made Ninokuni my most expected game of all is the complete lack of a teen emo boy (hey now we have girls too) trying to save the world from disaster in  a JRPG

I don't care about teen drama anymore, give me things light hearted, more cute and more creative than that. And they gave:

Now if they could only release it... I feel like a versus Xiii fan with this game... and I hate to wait that much for games. It's just wrong.

Around the Network

Studio Ghibli is awesome thats all i have to say.  And if you dont like their anime then its just a certain taste we cant blame you.  I am however really excited to play their game.  Anybody knows if it'll come to the west for PS3?

I thought spirited away, porco roso and princess mononoke (all seen about 10 years ago... in France we had release dates close to the Jap ones) were definitely not my favorite type of anime. Especialy porco roso, didn't like it one bit, the other two were ok.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

V-r0cK said:

Studio Ghibli is awesome thats all i have to say.  And if you dont like their anime then its just a certain taste we cant blame you.  I am however really excited to play their game.  Anybody knows if it'll come to the west for PS3?

Nope, nobody knows it yet. But PS3 version is almost guaranteed to come in my opinion, DS on the other hand...

But it's scheduled (in wikipedia) for 2011 release in Japan. But I don't think that is official. The DS version is going to be released more than 2 years after first announced, PS3 version might just do the same.

I don't blame you for not being "in love" with them .. I blame your upbringing :P.

Around the Network
senortaco said:

no...no you're not the only one, lol contrary to what everyone is saying, lol. I'm not into anime, and to be honest this is the first I've heard of the game...bbbbuuuuttttt I do consider myself a casual gamer too so...

he is talking about the animes you should watch them

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

THey do some cool stuff with color and lines but the actual contenct?  Meh?

If it makes you feel any better, the only work they've released that I've enjoyed was Spirited Away, so you're not completely alone.

Studio Ghibli is the equivalent of your lovely neighborhood bakery where everything is handmade and you can notice the subtle touches on pretty much anything they sell. On the opposite, you have the supermarket (let's call it Disney or whatever) that mass-produces everything and overall the products end up being pretty unattractive.

That is my romanced (and therefore skewed) perspective. :>

Ghibli to Anime is what Team ICO is to games

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.