By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii "MOST ACTIVE" console.....BS

in an analyst Q&A session during E3 in Los Angeles last week, Fils-Aime cited a February survey from independent market research firm Ipsos that found 51 percent of adult (18+) Wii owners use the console at least one to two hours a week.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/29081/Nintendo_Adults_More_Active_On_Wii_Than_Xbox_360_PS3.php

Around the Network

"My totally-unbiased anecdotal evidence trumps your stupid independent scientific study, Nintendo!"

^LoL.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Way to disprove their survey.

What the hell are all these >18 yr olds playing if there are hardly any 18 rated games on the system?

Just doesn't make sense, Reggie's lying.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

You make compelling arguments, sir!

I wonder how many Wii only compared to 360 only and ps3 only owners there are in the survey. iIown all of them which there are weeks I don't touch either one of them. PC is the only system I could answer yes to.

Also the question states  atleast one to two hours a week. What if someone played 5 hours a week? Why not stated it "atleast one hour a week" instead. 

Wii fit is not really a game so what about using PS3 as a DVD/Blu-ray player? Does that count in the survey?

Smidlee said:

Also the question states  atleast one to two hours a week. What if someone played 5 hours a week? Why not stated it "atleast one hour a week" instead. 

It's an unusual phrase, but anything over one hour counts.

Pyro as Bill said:

What the hell are all these >18 yr olds playing if there are hardly any 18 rated games on the system?

Just doesn't make sense, Reggie's lying.

And who says you have to play 18 rated games if you're 18 years old? I and many people I know play several E rated Wii games like Mario Kart, Wii Sports, Wario Ware, etc, and have plenty of fun with it, and we are in our 20s. You can't put an age limit on the fun factor of a game.

Smidlee said:

I wonder how many Wii only compared to 360 only and ps3 only owners there are in the survey. iIown all of them which there are weeks I don't touch either one of them. PC is the only system I could answer yes to.

Wii fit is not really a game so what about using PS3 as a DVD/Blu-ray player? Does that count in the survey?

Really??  I hope you're not serious..