By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Macworld E3 article - Ninty/MS/Sony are "OUT OF TOUCH", "Complacent Swine"

darthdevidem01 said:
True but why would they feel threatened when Apple has a iron grip on mobiles market and music player market?

There was nothing genuinely threatening to Apple's markets at that expo (although don't be shocked if you see an iphone with glasses free 3D movie playback soon enough).

It's more that Apple fanboy's themselves are gonna have their foot in their mouths, they've been foretelling the death of gaming handhelds for ages at the hands of Apple.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network

Well, maybe this one time, MS, Sony and Nintendo can be ally.

Apple entering the gaming industry is lol worthy

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

its been confirmed today that GT5 has a weather system, track editor and go karts! seriously i think this is going to be the best selling in the series even beating GT3 sales of 14 million plus!

Buzzi said:

I understood it 2 years ago: Apple fanboys are the worst kind of people you can find. And then you have Apple sheeps, who buy everything Apple launches just because...it's Apple! But at least they're not offensive, they just love to spent money on overpriced and inferior products...

So true! To the apple sheep, everything that apple makes is OMGZ!

Apple sheep just get annoying. 

Kinect! who needs video games!

It's just an unfortunate coincidence that as the games industry guts itself, Apple (and particularly it's fans) thinks it's doing the deed. Sort of like something that might happen in a Carry On movie.

Around the Network
Demotruk said:

I don't think that logic is quite sound. Let's put almost identical pieces of logic into different contexts and see how they stand up:

"It's the realization that Apple as a non music-player company doesn't stand a chance against a music-player company. Common sense knocked at the door and now they are hiding behind the couch."

"It's the realization that Apple as a non phone company doesn't stand a chance against a phone company. Common sense knocked at the door and now they are hiding behind the couch."

"It's the realization that Sony as a non-gaming company doesn't stand a chance against a gaming company. Common sense knocked at the door and now they are hiding behind the couch."

No, I don't think so. There has to be a little more to it than that.

Well if we accept the idea that Apple fans might be worried...

It might be the realization that Nintendo actually does know what it's doing?

Does Apple need to be reminded that it once tried to enter this market and failed -- Pippin anyone.

Also, the Android models had a greater market share of new phones in NA first quarter than iPhones among Smartphones. And both were behind Blackberrys.

My wife has an iPhone -- and I call tell you the free games are often laggy and buggy (and ad filled) demos to get you to buy a $5 game. I don't make that purchase. Most people don't make that purchase. Why? Because they get their fix out of the free games.

I wonder what happens to Apple when Steve Jobs is not in charge?

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

They will take a piece of the pie.  Maybe the old Gamers that consentrated so hard on the career side and never had kids.

Hahahaha old gamers that consentrated on there sckooling and career? GL with that Apple.  hehehe

RolStoppable said:
Demotruk said:
RolStoppable said:

Let me guess: It's the realization that Apple as a non-gaming company doesn't stand a chance against a gaming company. Common sense knocked at the door and now they are hiding behind the couch.

I don't think that logic is quite sound. Let's put almost identical pieces of logic into different contexts and see how they stand up:

"It's the realization that Apple as a non music-player company doesn't stand a chance against a music-player company. Common sense knocked at the door and now they are hiding behind the couch."

"It's the realization that Apple as a non phone company doesn't stand a chance against a phone company. Common sense knocked at the door and now they are hiding behind the couch."

"It's the realization that Sony as a non-gaming company doesn't stand a chance against a gaming company. Common sense knocked at the door and now they are hiding behind the couch."

No, I don't think so. There has to be a little more to it than that.

Your first two examples don't fit. Music-player companies don't create the content (music) for their players. Phones are a means for people to communicate, there is no content that makes a significant difference like in gaming.

Your last example fits because a small minority of the Sony fans on this site have been going way overboard with their reactions after the 3DS announcement, most notably that "Nintendo is our messiah" thread. Of course I am aware that Sony won two generations with the PS1 and PS2, but at that time Nintendo and Sega were destroying themselves and didn't play out their biggest strengths. Likewise, Apple would be able to defeat Nintendo if Nintendo decided to play by Apple's rules.

Anyway, the point here is that Apple eventually going to take over in portable gaming seemed to be a logical conclusion for those Apple enthusiasts for like a couple of years now, but with the recent announcement of the 3DS it doesn't seem to be such a sure thing anymore and the result are such articles that have no base in reality.

All I meant was that Apple (and Sony) has fought against companies with skill in their own fields and still managed to win. The real reason is as you outlined that Apple is not a content company (unlike Sony who is), ie. there was a little bit more to it than what you first said. :p

I do love the smell of Apple-founded delusion in the afternoon

Smells like cherry...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.