By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sony's Hirai: Naked eye 3d tech for portables does not have high precision.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Hynad said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Hynad said:

What grave, exactly?

You're the ones interpreting what he said and turn it into something he clearly made sure he wasn't saying, by stating that he HAD NOT seen the 3DS.

But I guess I should expect that kind of answers from people who primarily (or only) own Nintendo consoles.

Try not to make such generalizations when you're trying to prove a point about how it's wrong to make people look bad.

I agree with your other point, but ending it that way undermined it.

Don't make me say things I didn't say, but you know as well as I do that gamers who generally only follow one console maker tend to have a strong bias for them and act like most of what isn't from their console maker of choice is nothing but pure evil.  There are exceptions, and this is indeed a broad generalization, but I can't help but feel like many comments in here are made with that kind of thought process. 

Let's just call it bad faith for the sake of being a little more gentle.

You wrote "Nintendo", not "single company system", which singles out one group of people. So don't tell me I'm putting words in your posts, when they are right there. Now you probably didn't mean that, but don't blame me for reading it that way when that is how you wrote it. I at least admit it when I see my posts look like something else.

Yes, I only specifically mentioned Nintendo in this post, because as I've noticed by doing some profiles check, and because we're in a Nintendo topic, that behavior came from that one group of people.  I would have worded it differently if the situation had applied, be it for PS3 or X-Box 360, but obviously, here the case involved people with primarily or exclusively Nintendo consoles.  The behavior I mentioned can be seen for all 3 consoles...  But I'm not going to point at the PS3 or X-Box 360 situation when it's only the Nintendo one that is involved here.  ^_- 

You can still feel free to keep making a big deal out of it. 

Around the Network
TX109 said:

Guys, guys..... he said that, based on their OWN research, the technology was imprecise. if anything, these statements were an answer to all the talk about 3d on the PSP2. he stated that he hadn't seen the 3ds in action yet. what i get from this is "we're not there yet".

trust me, when he sees the 3ds, he'll change his mind.

PSP3D confirmed?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Sonystyle: "if we can't outdo our competition, at least we outbadmouth'em"

This is no where near as bad as some are making out. He isn't bad mouthing 3DS, he specifies he hasn't seen it. He's saying Sony have looked at the technology and decided it wasn't what they wanted in their next portable device, which as far as I'm concerned is a good thing. It likely means PSP2 will have features to differentiate it from 3DS, and variety in games systems is something I'm all for.

Also, what Hirai says reminds me of what Iwata said in relation to Kinect. Iwata said Nintendo checked out the tech behind that device and turned it down, because they didn't think it would work with their devices and design approach. I don't seem to recall any uproar regarding that. How is this any different?

ClaudeLv250 said:
TX109 said:

Guys, guys..... he said that, based on their OWN research, the technology was imprecise. if anything, these statements were an answer to all the talk about 3d on the PSP2. he stated that he hadn't seen the 3ds in action yet. what i get from this is "we're not there yet".

trust me, when he sees the 3ds, he'll change his mind.

PSP3D confirmed?

More like PSP3 3D

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:
badgenome said:
snfr said:

Sixth gen: What about EyeToy? Isn't that innovative?

Not really. Nintendo had already made peripherals and then failed to support them with compelling software.

LOL, do you want that both Nintendo and Sony fanboys hate you?   Oh, thinking again, no fear, maybe it was too subtle.

Yes, I do!

But I don't believe even the biggest Nintendo fanboy will argue that things like the Power Glove and R.O.B. were supported very well. The EyeToy was clearly just a copy of those.

Its sony , its only good after they copies it...

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Whoaaa... And I thought people hated Nintendo... O_O

@ Ninty fans:

Stop with posts like: "PSP2 with 3D confirmed!" These posts have never been funny... Furthermore: read more carefully or/and don't assume anything that Hirai didn't even say.

@ Sony fans:

Stop arguing with Nintendo fans, some of them will never get it, because... well... look at the sentence above.

@ all:

The cleverer gives in.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

snfr said:

@ Ninty fans:

Stop with posts like: "PSP2 with 3D confirmed!" These posts have never been funny... Furthermore: read more carefully or/and don't assume anything that Hirai didn't even say.

@ Sony fans:

Stop arguing with Nintendo fans, some of them will never get it, because... well... look at the sentence above.

@ all:

The cleverer gives in.

Not that agree with any side, but it does look like Kaz is downplaying the technology, which he hasn't fully researched (To do correct research, is to look at everything  including the 3DS).

With that said, wow Nintendo fans you guys jump the gun way to fast. Calm down, it is crazy kaz, and he is actually very tame in this interview.  

Edit: Hmm maybe I would tell Kaz not to make generalize statements about naked eye 3D technology.