By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Watch this and witness why LBP2 is already the GOTY

Rainbird said:
vlad321 said:

I use too much hyperbole, sorry. I agree it is not broken in the sense that it was buggy, it was just a very "pretty cool," at best, and infuriating jumping, at worst, platformer. Fixing Sackboy's movements, especially jumping, would make LBP2 a really good platformer, but it will need a lot more than just that to beat Galaxy 2.

Which is where the community comes in. I don't know if LBP2 can beat Galaxy 2, but comparing them as platformers is very limiting to LBP2, especially with all the new community features it's bringing.

I already said this. There have been many many great games already released with modding tools that are far better than what LBP2 has. None of them were great games because of the modding tools. They were great because of the gameplay they offered in the game itself, not the potential of their editors. As I already said, LBP2 is just barely within eyesight of what game editors can do. It is greatly catching up but it is still way off in the distance so even its editor isn't all that innovative, it's just playing catch up with what has been around for a while.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
dany612 said:

Comparing LBP franchise to the King of Platform games (king of video games as well) Mario is insulting. LBP2 has little to no chance of beating Super Mario Galaxy 2. SMG2 is the second highest rated video game ever tied with other few games according to metascore.

comparing a 98 with a 95 on meta seems far from insulting, perhaps yer just overly sensative.

vlad321 said:
Rainbird said:
vlad321 said:

I use too much hyperbole, sorry. I agree it is not broken in the sense that it was buggy, it was just a very "pretty cool," at best, and infuriating jumping, at worst, platformer. Fixing Sackboy's movements, especially jumping, would make LBP2 a really good platformer, but it will need a lot more than just that to beat Galaxy 2.

Which is where the community comes in. I don't know if LBP2 can beat Galaxy 2, but comparing them as platformers is very limiting to LBP2, especially with all the new community features it's bringing.

I already said this. There have been many many great games already released with modding tools that are far better than what LBP2 has. None of them were great games because of the modding tools. They were great because of the gameplay they offered in the game itself, not the potential of their editors. As I already said, LBP2 is just barely within eyesight of what game editors can do. It is greatly catching up but it is still way off in the distance so even its editor isn't all that innovative, it's just playing catch up with what has been around for a while.

I didn't even mention the editing tools, I was talking about the community and the new features they were getting through the new website for sharing and promoting levels.

Rainbird said:
vlad321 said:
Rainbird said:
vlad321 said:

I already said this. There have been many many great games already released with modding tools that are far better than what LBP2 has. None of them were great games because of the modding tools. They were great because of the gameplay they offered in the game itself, not the potential of their editors. As I already said, LBP2 is just barely within eyesight of what game editors can do. It is greatly catching up but it is still way off in the distance so even its editor isn't all that innovative, it's just playing catch up with what has been around for a while.

I didn't even mention the editing tools, I was talking about the community and the new features they were getting through the new website for sharing and promoting levels.

I know what you were talking about. Game communities have existed for a long long time. Between UT, HL, Quake, and BioWare/Blizzard games, well developed communities have existed for a while now. They are not innovative. Spore actually has the whole central website and everything and it has been around for almost 2 years too. Nothing of what you have listed is actually innovative, it is just playing catch up with what already exists.

To take Spore because it has the closest community tools, going by the previews, as an example it only shows that the game is not made by the community even if the content of the game comes from the community. Everyone said Spore, adn Galactic Adventures too, had awesome editors but everyone said it was a poor game.

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
Rainbird said:

I know what you were talking about. Game communities have existed for a long long time. Between UT, HL, Quake, and BioWare/Blizzard games, well developed communities have existed for a while now. They are not innovative. Spore actually has the whole central website and everything and it has been around for almost 2 years too. Nothing of what you have listed is actually innovative, it is just playing catch up with what already exists.

To take Spore because it has the closest community tools, going by the previews, as an example it only shows that the game is not made by the community even if

the
the content of the game comes from the community. Everyone said Spore, adn Galactic Adventures too, had awesome editors but everyone said it was a poor game.

Spore had a creature creator and LBP has a level creator. The user generated content in LBP is made to be played by the community, not looked at like with Spore. What makes LBP (and 2) great is that the community is a build in feature of the game all most. And with LBP2, it's gonna be even easier to find the great levels and set them up for playing.

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
vlad321 said:
Rainbird said:

To take Spore because it has the closest community tools, going by the previews, as an example it only shows that the game is not made by the community even if

the
the content of the game comes from the community. Everyone said Spore, adn Galactic Adventures too, had awesome editors but everyone said it was a poor game.

Spore had a creature creator and LBP has a level creator. The user generated content in LBP is made to be played by the community, not looked at like with Spore. What makes LBP (and 2) great is that the community is a build in feature of the game all most. And with LBP2, it's gonna be even easier to find the great levels and set them up for playing.

Umm, galactic adventures are exactly that, actual "levels" or adventures that the person plays with. Still got dissed because the game itself wasn't as solid. As I have said, online communities have existed a long time ago and for some games they are far ahead of what LBP2 would ever be able to achieve, and for none of the games was the community part of how good a game is. Every game needs to stand on its own, hopefully LBP2 will be even better than LBP1, however it is almost certian, unless they pull some amazing tricks out of their ass, that it will be worse than Galaxy 2.

As I said, Half-Life and UT should be the games of the entire century, given how CS, TF, Natural Selection, Alien Swarm, etc etc etc. games came out of their communities.

Cannot wait!!!! This and socom 4 will be amazing.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius