By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kinect only supports two players, Move supports two-ish

I don't even think that there will be many games with 4 player support which require a sub controller, at least no casual games and that is what counts when they want to appeal to new consumers. So IMO the argument that you need to pay 80 $ for one player doesn't make sense. And so it seems that the argument that kinect will cost less because it supports 4 players doesn't work anymore either.

But still I see a slight advantage for kinect because of a huge casual appeal and probably better advertising by Microsoft than Sony will have for Move.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Around the Network
A203D said:
makingmusic476 said:

Depends on the game, really.  Tennis requires a decent amount of space, while Mario Kart basically makes you stick your hands out a foot in front of you and that's it.  You may bump into people if you physically lean into a curve, but you can use that to mess up their driving.  =D

A203D said:

Well when i played Wii Sports, we played with about 3 and sometimes 4 people. and i mean thats really important. but we generally took turns to play the games, like bowling, so wern't similtaneously using the sensor. so maybe it wont matter that much. 

but i cant understand this. M$ have shown in their E3 demos and video demos more than 2 people playing Kinect???

I can't think of any footage showing more than two people playing at a time aside from their concept trailers from E309.  Even at that time, the on stage demos consisted of only 1-2 players.

I didnt watch all of M$'s press conference, but their recent trailer did show 3 teens playing this dance game. and we've seen 4 people playing ricochet (you know the really bad demo with the woman, the bloke and the 2 boys). theres probabily a few more demos that i've missed. so i still dont understand this agument when M$ have shown more than 2 peope using Kinect ??

When and where?  IE make sure these weren't those videos from last E3... you know the ones that were mocked up... it's just like the target videos people make for their games they do that to show off what they hope to achieve but it isn't always how the final product works.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
A203D said:

I didnt watch all of M$'s press conference, but their recent trailer did show 3 teens playing this dance game. and we've seen 4 people playing ricochet (you know the really bad demo with the woman, the bloke and the 2 boys). theres probabily a few more demos that i've missed. so i still dont understand this agument when M$ have shown more than 2 peope using Kinect ??

When and where?  IE make sure these weren't those videos from last E3... you know the ones that were mocked up... it's just like the target videos people make for their games they do that to show off what they hope to achieve but it isn't always how the final product works.

It's from june 4th:

4 players with Move support without sub-controller should work fine in my books. Most Move games will anyway be somewhat 'casual'.

Rainbird said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
A203D said:

It's from june 4th:

Are the kids actually "playing" or are they standing there kinda like how you put a controller in their hands when the game doesn't even support another player... I haven't even newer seen screens of the racquetball type game but I do know in the ones I have seen has had 2 players max and that was splitscreen, though if someone can find some 4 player splitscreen videos/pics that would clear this all up.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Rainbird said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
A203D said:

It's from june 4th:

Are the kids actually "playing" or are they standing there kinda like how you put a controller in their hands when the game doesn't even support another player... I haven't even seen screens of the racquetball type game but I do know in the ones I have seen has had 2 players max and that was splitscreen, though if someone can find some 4 player splitscreen videos/pics that would clear this all up.

Yeah, they're just standing there lol. Natal ignored the kids.

Slimebeast said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Rainbird said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
A203D said:

It's from june 4th:

Are the kids actually "playing" or are they standing there kinda like how you put a controller in their hands when the game doesn't even support another player... I haven't even seen screens of the racquetball type game but I do know in the ones I have seen has had 2 players max and that was splitscreen, though if someone can find some 4 player splitscreen videos/pics that would clear this all up.

Yeah, they're just standing there lol. Natal ignored the kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ET6PqZtYd4

Thats an offical M$ video released just before E3 2010, and the 3rd video in clearly shows 3 people using Kinect. the other one i was reffering to has been embedded. it was the one with the 2 adults and the 2 kids, the really awful one. i found a funny vid of it, different to the one above, lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqv1wYCEYh4&feature=fvw

Shouldn't be to much of a problem, as long as they inform the public of what they're buying. It is a little sad though that were finding out these thing's from other sources besides Microsoft, they should have listed the features at E3.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

This really isn't a big problem for Move. Not too many games on the Wii that use both a Wii Remote and Nunchuck even offer 4 player multiplayer. Even among those games that do though there are games like Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl that have such a mode and give the option of using a Remote Nunchuck combo, but nobody would choose to play with that control scheme over a traditional controller or a sub-peripheral such as the Wii Wheel.

For Kinect on the other hand, it's a rather large blow that it seems to be limited to 2 players simultaniously. It's true this wasn't much a problem for the PS2 (multitap aside) but for a device that's specifically designed for casual games and labeled as the future of entertainment to only be on par with a last generation console doesn't bode too well for it.

Exactly what I had in mind. 

So MS's strategy is toward a two ppl family with enough money to buy a device that costs a wii, with wii like games priced like high end HD retail games. 

'Now your failure is complete'