By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kinect only supports two players, Move supports two-ish

halil23 said:

And I've always wondered why on earth did Sony had the odd 7 bluetooths?!? It just doesn't make sense!!! 8 bluetooth would have been great, it would of been the king of sports on any current console! Basically not only will it benefit sports games but 4 players Move multiplayers games too!!

IMO, the biggest Sony mistakes of this gen!!

I believe it's part of the bluetooth standard that a maxium of seven bluetooth devices can be supported at any one time.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

4 player motion gaming?  never done it on the Wii.... ever. 

I doubt I could in my gaming room (space).... and I doubt I'd want the brusies from elbows smashing into my ribs and face.

2 is enough for me, so Sony and MS are just fine.

The ps3 supports 4 move controllers

mM
lapsed_gamer said:

1. It is marketed as a three player game and the average consumer won't know the limitation?! The average consumer won't be sold by the internet at all, they will be sold because they played it at someone's house. The limitations will be apparent.

2. As a Wii owner this is nowhere near as bad a problem as the arbitrary limitation of one Balance Board. It has still been pretty successful.

Wii Fit has been quite successful, yes.  The balance board itself, however, is barely supported by any other applications.  A few games support it as a secondary, optional feature (Mario & Sonic, Punch Out), but no games outside of Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus fully require the peripheral.

kowenicki said:
leo-j said:
kowenicki said:

I doubt I could in my gaming room (space).... and I doubt I'd want the brusies from elbows smashing into my ribs and face.

I know...  but it doesnt support 4 controllers and 4 navs...

anyhow.. same would apply...

how many times has anyone played 4 player MOTION controlled games in front of their TV?  anyone?  its a rare (if not non-existant) occurrence.  Its never happend in my house.. never more than 2.

*raises hand*

I've had friends over for Mario Kart fairly often.  It and Mario Party 8 are especially popular with my sister's kids.

kowenicki said:

Off the top of my head you can play 4 player in Wii Sports Tennis and in Mario Kart. Those are "motion games".

I'm pretty sure there are more..

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
leo-j said:
kowenicki said:

how many times has anyone played 4 player MOTION controlled games in front of their TV?  anyone?  its a rare (if not non-existant) occurrence.  Its never happend in my house.. never more than 2.

NSMBwii, mario party, boom blox, mario kart.

You don't need the nav for games like sports championship and PS move orientated games, the nav is made for the core titles that require analog movement (which you can use a DS3 for) and besides I assume you can use 3 navs and 4 moves since the navs are the same as the DS3.

Also for those that said some move games require 2 moves, well you can play them with one move, the 2nd move just adds more immersion to the game.

mM

Also, Wii Party is Nintendo's next big multiplayer game, and it will probably be the best selling motion-based title this year.

kowenicki said:
theprof00 said:
kowenicki said:
leo-j said:
kowenicki said:

NSMBwii, mario party, boom blox, mario kart.

like i said... not many

I have all of those and have never had more than 2 playing at once.

Its another non-issue to try and have a dig at Kinect... thats all.

I'm pretty sure you said:

"4 player motion gaming?  never done it on the Wii.... ever. "

leo-j said:

You don't need the nav for games like sports championship and PS move orientated games, the nav is made for the core titles that require analog movement (which you can use a DS3 for) and besides I assume you can use 3 navs and 4 moves since the navs are the same as the DS3.

Also for those that said some move games require 2 moves, well you can play them with one move, the 2nd move just adds more immersion to the game.

Most games shown seem to require at least two controllers, however.  Socom, Killzone, Sorcery, and every other hardcore game require both a controller and a subcontroller.  The Fight requires two main controllers.   

A few games like EyePet will require just a vanilla controller, but we haven't seen too many of those yet. 

Even for most party games, you'd still want support for both a controller and a subcontroller per player, since even games like Mario Party require a nunchuck for some minigames.