By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft: "It's ganna be a tough holiday for Sony"

meh.  We as gamers who eat this stuff up always over-estimate the conference itself.  What counts in terms of really changing the game 5 years into a generation is what the mainstream press says.  And as far as that has gone thus far, Microsoft may well have won E3.  As he said, "Retailers are telling us..."  And by all indications, he's right.  Preorders for Kinect are going gangbusters at an assumed $149.  

And I'll bet anything it's NOT going to $149.  There's a reason they leaked the $150 "price to produce" point. Because then when they release it at $129 or $99 or wherever in between, we're going to see that as a really nice deal.  

They aren't dumb.  They're playing with us with the price thing.  They're going to see how well it goes at that point and see what they can get away with.  My money's still on $129.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Around the Network

This reminds me somewhat of the Apple interview from another recent thread. It's good for a laugh, nothing more.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.' " ~John 14:6 (NKJV)

Telling Sony that they are going to have a tough holiday is just dumb. I guess GT5 just doesn't exist.

That would be like telling Microsoft that they are going to have a tough holiday with a main series Halo game coming out.

leo-j said:
Beuli2 said:

Sony AND Microsoft are in for a though Holiday.

why? Sony has the ps3 at $299 with move to attract casual gamers, plus the game line up, and 3D

Microsoft has a new 360 slim with kinect to attract casual gamers and potentially a $149 360 slim..

so idk why they are in trouble.. if anything they both should see higher hardware sales than last year..

Neither is Nintendo, enough said

Tecmo said:

I do think that this holiday season is going to be very interesting because, unlike Microsoft, I think sales as of right now can go in favor of any of the big three

sales are going to be interesting to watch this Fall

Its pretty obvious it'll be Nintendo, what with 2D platformers like Donkey Kong and Kirby, Party games like Sports Mix and Wii party, and other games like Epic Mickey, I don't think MS and Sony can compete

Around the Network

I honestly dont understand why people think GT5 is gonna come close to Halo:Reach in sales!!

GT5 is a racing game while reach is an FPS which is the genre that seems to be dominating this generation

I predict GT5 to get 3 to 4 million tops

anyways back on topic

That MS rep is Simply Ludicrous.....Nintendo won this years E3 hands down (3Ds)

Other than Gears of War3 the 360 conference was boring

axt113 said:
Tecmo said:

I do think that this holiday season is going to be very interesting because, unlike Microsoft, I think sales as of right now can go in favor of any of the big three

Its pretty obvious it'll be Nintendo, what with 2D platformers like Donkey Kong and Kirby, Party games like Sports Mix and Wii party, and other games like Epic Mickey, I don't think MS and Sony can compete

With Little big planet 2, Socom 4, Twisted Metal, Final fantasy Versus XIII, Killzone 3, Socom 4, Final Fantasy XIV, Motorstorm Apocalypse, Infamous 2, The Last Guardian, Gran Turismo 5, and move oriented games like HEAVY RAIN, EYE PET, MOVE HEROES, and fun party games like, TV super stars, and Sports championship..

Sony's line up eclispses both Microsoft's and nintendo's combined from now to the end of 2011. And that's just a taste, there are mcuh more games, plus the PSP titles like god of war, patapon 3, hot shots T,  Kingdom hearts, and more!

mM
Lyrikalstylez said:

I honestly dont understand why people think GT5 is gonna come close to Halo:Reach in sales!!

GT5 is a racing game while reach is an FPS which is the genre that seems to be dominating this generation

anyways back on topic

You do realize GT5 prologue has sold 5 million copies..

mM
leo-j said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

anyways back on topic

You do realize GT5 prologue has sold 5 million copies..

exactly....which is why I believe will hurt GT5 sales more than anything because people are basicly buying the same game all over again

leo-j said:
axt113 said:
Tecmo said:

With Little big planet 2, Socom 4, Twisted Metal, Final fantasy Versus XIII, Killzone 3, Socom 4, Final Fantasy XIV, Motorstorm Apocalypse, Infamous 2, The Last Guardian, Gran Turismo 5, and move oriented games like HEAVY RAIN, EYE PET, MOVE HEROES, and fun party games like, TV super stars, and Sports championship..

Sony's line up eclispses both Microsoft's and nintendo's combined from now to the end of 2011. And that's just a taste, there are mcuh more games, plus the PSP titles like god of war, patapon 3, hot shots T,  Kingdom hearts, and more!

Hahahahahaha, none of those games will come close to binging Sony in line with Nintendo, we go through this every year leo, with you whining how Sony will eclipse Nintendo with some lineup, and you're always shown to be wrong