Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre-order Chart (12th June, 2010)

FreeTalkLive said:

Sin and Punishment 2 and the new Dragon Quest are pretty low.  Bad marketing by Nintendo?

DQIX's campaign hasn't really started yet.

Sin & Punishment?  Marketing? LOL

Around the Network

GT5 is a bit low considering how long it's been set for preorder. Most of the pre-orders will come from UK and Japan anyways. Most Americans are playing Forza 3. 

'gaming till I'm gone'

XanderZane said:

GT5 is a bit low considering how long it's been set for preorder. Most of the pre-orders will come from UK and Japan anyways. Most Americans are playing Forza 3. 

No. Most Americans are playing Mario Kart. Forza 3 has nice numbers but it can't compete with Mario Kart Wii. x.o I think most people were looking for an actual release date instead of a "We'll get back to you in 6 months...." release date. This game is becoming a joke. I understand they want to make it perfect so it's not one of those "Day 1 Patch" games but they need to get on the ball.

axumblade said:
XanderZane said:

No. Most Americans are playing Mario Kart. Forza 3 has nice numbers but it can't compete with Mario Kart Wii. x.o I think most people were looking for an actual release date instead of a "We'll get back to you in 6 months...." release date. This game is becoming a joke. I understand they want to make it perfect so it's not one of those "Day 1 Patch" games but they need to get on the ball.

This.

Hardcore GT fans don't play Mario Kart.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
RageBot said:

So... next week we'll see the impact of GT5's release date :P

GT5 will be HUGE!

Possibly the top console selling exclusive of the holidays worldwide!

Donkey Kong Country and Wii Party would like a word with you :p

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

next week for GT5 should be above 10k...

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Damn, it'd be crazy if PS3 Madden ended up outselling X360's first week. It's hard to tell with just these pre-orders, of course, especially because 2009's pre-orders don't go far enough for a direct comparison. Still, with a gap this large and continuing to increase, you have to wonder...

It reminds me of John Lucas' Madden NFL 10 prediction (PS3 first week > 360) back in 2008. I did think that was a little too crazy, and he was off, but I'll still be shocked if it happens this year.

I find it very hard to believe that neither version of NCAA Football is on the list

GodOfWar_3ever said:
ElGranCabeza said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

GT5 next week's bump predictions ? 

Tough to say, got a release date, beautiful screens, premium cars are detailed to a T, 3D impressed, 1080p60, etc etc

But the backlash of 80% of the cars being standard and PS2 cars without cockpit, as well as only 20 tracks has given it a big backlash, I don't expect a huge bump.

All cars have cockpit view. All cars don't have 100% detailed interiors. The remaining 20% of the cars are fully detailed in the interiors down to the T.

and it has 40 tracks

mM