By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Realistically, how much of an impact will the new Twisted Metal have?

I don't quite see it making any waves whatsoever. I don't know, but judging by Vgchartz numbers, Twisted Metal has never been a very big franchise. The highest selling was Twisted Metal 2 at 2.27m units. A good amount, but nothing spectacular.

I don't see why Sony put this as the "big surprise of the show". It's not much really, I don't think. Unless Vgchartz hasn't updated those numbers.

I expect the new Twisted metal to reach just 1.8m lifetime.

Around the Network

It could probably do 2 million if its advertised well and gets good reviews. I don't expect it to move consoles though.

It'll sell atleast 2 million and may even reach 3 million copies. Mark my words.

Whatever it does sell, its gonna be awesome at the end of the day. David Jaffe FTW !!

Games aren't just about the ammount sold, take a look at team ICO projects. Or Demon's Souls for that matter, selling just 1 mil. but winning GOTY awards and becoming an instant classic only available on the PS3. And compared to that Twisted Metal is blockbuster title.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

oh and TM2 sales are 2 million in America and 0.27 in others.

1. Horribly outdated Others sales

2. No weekly sales for any region.

I'm pretty damn sure TM PS3 is gonna sell buttloads.

Around the Network

Hopefully it can reach 2m at least. David Jaffe mentioned that he'd love if it sold 2 million copies.

I doubt it will have any effect on hardware sales unless it becomes GOTY material.

Not much... I was shocked Sony reserved the last spot of the conference for Twisted Metal.

I can accept Xbox slim for last and definately agree on 3DS stealing the show in the end... but Twisted Metal??

I think this game will beat those outdated TM2 sales. The E3 showing generated a lot of hype for the game, and all of the hands-on impressions were very favourable. With Sony seemingly taking the game very seriously, I predict a relatively big marketing push as well.

@andremop, yeah, as they finished that I was really really hoping they might just say: "oh, sorry one more" and then unveil GTA Vice or Agent

Anyway, it should do better this generation as it is multiplayer focused game, and with online multiplayer, it is becoming more important to gamers, so I think could do 3m

^ agreed. even gran turismo 5's release date was a bigger announcement. infamous 2 also was another minor little title that won't even reach 1.5m copies. sometimes i wonder what kind of mindset sony has when they cap off a show.