By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Realistically, how much of an impact will the new Twisted Metal have?

andremop said:

Not much... I was shocked Sony reserved the last spot of the conference for Twisted Metal.

I can accept Xbox slim for last and definately agree on 3DS stealing the show in the end... but Twisted Metal??

Fan favourite franchise which was a decent seller in America and looks so damn awesome ? 

Nuke mode looks fucking awesome ! This game looks outrageous ! And the trailer was epic !

Around the Network
bugrimmar said:

^ agreed. even gran turismo 5's release date was a bigger announcement. infamous 2 also was another minor little title that won't even reach 1.5m copies. sometimes i wonder what kind of mindset sony has when they cap off a show.

But you have to think about who is watching the show? It is being watched by hardcore and the media. Sony seem to announce other games via press release, and most of the casual line-up were announced at GDC, so they were just keeping their hardcore fans happy with these releases, and inFamous is popular with pretty much everyone who bought it

bugrimmar said:

^ agreed. even gran turismo 5's release date was a bigger announcement. infamous 2 also was another minor little title that won't even reach 1.5m copies. sometimes i wonder what kind of mindset sony has when they cap off a show.

Wanna bet on that cowboy ?

Why are you so negative ? Are you following Darth's philosophy of intentionally under-predicting to act surprised afterwards

Last game I bought from the franchise was TM: Black, it was a good game but I got bored quickly, also it was insanely difficult!

The online factor would make me buy the new one, I know there was an online version for the PS2 but I wasn't really interested in online gaming back then...

Sony had it as their big surprise because they obviously don't have anything else ready to show that would be surprising.

Around the Network

they need a game to be sold in united states

John_Doe said:

they need a game to be sold in united states

GoW III looks like its gonna hit atleast 2 million (probably more) in America..Thats very good.

And GT5 is gonna sell atleast 2-3 million.

Needing a game thats gonna sell in America isn't the only reason they are making this game. Fans wanted it, and Jaffe os re-booting the series he created.

Because many of the press wanted Twisted Metal?

Anway many wanted to see The Last Guardian but I would not call that a blockbuster seller..

Don´t think it will do much, if it reaches 1 million then its good imo.

@Burgrimmer.

What, inFamous 2 will sell 2 million atleast.

Twisted Metal is HUGE! All PS One fans want it.

It will sell over 2 million on US alone... this is amazing sales.

PS. The PS VGC sales is outdated and doesn't count Others and Japan after all.