By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS Features Software Install!!!

I can't wait to see how this plays out.  I love to see Nintendo really getting into online stuff, it's always been their big weakness to me.  I'll bet they bring the same inventiveness to it that they do to every other aspect of their products.

Around the Network
loadedstatement said:

I dont think this is true. They must have misinterpreted something. Too easy to pirate.

./thread

They probably mean you can download software like apps and so on.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

loadedstatement said:

I dont think this is true. They must have misinterpreted something. Too easy to pirate.

I'm trying to find the original Nikkei article in Japanese online, but not having any luck at the moment.

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69

For those who don't go pirating games like me this is a great feature as I don't have to carry around two cartidriges and play Pokemon Black and White anytime at anywhere.

Cheebee said:

That's pretty cool! I'm sure Nintendo will take measures to prevent piracy. The silent-update thing might be used for that end, forcing the system to update when in reach of a wireless network (and an update is available), even when it's closed. Dunno though, but I could see Nintendo do something like that.

Nope. Legal reasons prevent that. Unless they force you to accept some weird user agreement during intial startup.

Around the Network

It sounds interesting but odd given that this is Nintendo. And how much memory would the 3DS have? They only gave the DSi a laughably pathetic 256MB. To store multiple games I would presume you would need memory equivalant to 4 3DS game cards (don't know what they capcity is). Interesting to see how it pans out anyway.

This is one feature pirates enjoy which is very convinient.
Could be limited to a few 3DS games and a handfull of DS games due to size limit.

DeadEye said:

It sounds interesting but odd given that this is Nintendo. And how much memory would the 3DS have? They only gave the DSi a laughably pathetic 256MB. To store multiple games I would presume you would need memory equivalant to 4 3DS game cards (don't know what they capcity is). Interesting to see how it pans out anyway.

3DS games are said to be 2GB max. So maybe they could aim at 4-8GB?
2-4 3DS rest for firmware, downloads and DS games.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

DeadEye said:

There's the SD slot.

And there are multiple ways to fight piracy, this would be an awesome feature!

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Now that I think about it, making the 3DS able to play multiple games on the same machine gives it the same functionality as if you used a hacked cartridge and pirated. So it actually takes away one of the advantages hacking the DS gave to people over others who bought legit. Now the only real advantage is price, I.E. being a cheapskate or not.

Tease.

loadedstatement said:

Maybe if they make the 3DS have an internal serial code and make it so that once a game is downloaded from cart form the file will only be playable with the system it's copied to that might hinder people.  Or go the PC route and have a physical serial code in the manual that needs to be inputted before you can install.