By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS Features Software Install!!!

wow amazing, that is one thing i don't like taking my ds around with me

I dont' know how many and which games to take, there is always a few i want to take with, yet sucks having to make the decision before hand an dbeing stuck with it

even if only has like 3 at a time you can store, that is still amazing. 

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

Now that I think about it, making the 3DS able to play multiple games on the same machine gives it the same functionality as if you used a hacked cartridge and pirated. So it actually takes away one of the advantages hacking the DS gave to people over others who bought legit. Now the only real advantage is price, I.E. being a cheapskate or not.

ha yea now anyone pirating they are truly pirates and have no exuse.  they are nothing more than pure crooks

loadedstatement said:

I dont think this is true. They must have misinterpreted something. Too easy to pirate.

I believed it before i heard that, ^^ makes sense.

Actually the games could have a one time install key  ...

In my opinion Twilight Princess is better than Ocarina of t... * gets shot *

irstupid said:
Squilliam said:

Now that I think about it, making the 3DS able to play multiple games on the same machine gives it the same functionality as if you used a hacked cartridge and pirated. So it actually takes away one of the advantages hacking the DS gave to people over others who bought legit. Now the only real advantage is price, I.E. being a cheapskate or not.

ha yea now anyone pirating they are truly pirates and have no exuse.  they are nothing more than pure crooks

It proves in my mind that Nintendo looks for opportunity in something like piracy where others see adversity. They saw underserved customers and they acted accordingly. This gives me a lot of hope that they will implement an application store for their console for more than just games because its something that all the hacking and Apple (whom they consider a competitor) are important.

Tease.

It does hint that 3DS will have a very different OS structure, at least. A positive sign.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

mmm interesting.... something like this maybe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6rvSK4pwzQ

We are Wii....Waiting for Pikmin 3! and Pikmin 2 NPC...

Playing:

- Donkey Kong Country Returns

- Minecraft!

-  Venezuela FTW!       

kingwii said:

mmm interesting.... something like this maybe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6rvSK4pwzQ

wow that would be amazing.  How does that work currently for the DS anyway.  Is that pirated games, or just a hacked DS that you can like install your games to an SD card or something.

I woudl love to put like 4-5 of my games on an SD card and be able to take them with me.  I have quite a few games that I get temped to play plenty of times, yet how am i to know which ones to pack in at a time or what not.

hell just two games is better than 1, being able to take the current say hardcore game with you like "zelda spirit tracks" and then also a casual one like "professor layton or sudoku" or something like that. 

Honesly I don't care that much about this feature but knowing of the internal memory....there were also nes games on the showfloor right? 3D Virtual Console pleeeease......

I agree, this would be most awesome.

Its hard to imagine how Nintendo might combat piracy with this feature.  Although I can imagine that you would have to register your 3DS and maybe 1 install per game per hardware address.  I'm sure if its true, they'll find a way to limit piracy. 

But you know, pirates will easily find away around that too... haha... the circle never stops.

I game.  You game.  We game.

I'm a videogamer, not a fanboy, but have a special place for Nintendo.

Current Systems Owned: NSwitch/PS4/XONE/WiiU/3DS/2DS/PCGaming Rig-i7/ASUS i7 Gaming Laptop.

Previous Game Consoles:  PS3/Xbox360/Wii/DSL/Pretty much every one thats been released since the Atari 2600.