By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword Thread

This is the Vgchartz Offical The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword Thread, there will be news, updates & media for the upcoming Zelda game that is set to release 2011.

The scene where Link dives off the cliff in the trailer is a very important point for the storyline. This time around, Link is born and raised in a land called Sky Loft, a land floating above the clouds. It may sound unique for someone to live on a floating land, but Link finds it ordinary. A land beneath the clouds is discovered, it's ruled by evil forces, but Link is forced to go there. Link has to travel between the two lands in this adventure. The Skyward Sword is his driving force behind his traveling between lands. That mysterious figure in last year's art is the Skyward Sword.

Thanks to the required Wii MotionPlus accessory, every movement of Link's sword matches the player's motion with exact precision. If players motion left to right, Link swings from left to right. The precision play control is applied to enemies as well, as players must contemplate strategy when battling opponents that actively try to defend against attacks.

The bow now functions like in Wii Sports Resort, holding the remote like a bow and the nunchuck like an arrow, letting fly with the C button. Targeting uses both IR sensing and WM functionality, a combination of Twilight Princess and Wii Sports Resort mechanics that will continue to track your movements even if the remote ceases to detect the sensor bar.

It's not clear how the bow works in lock-on mode, since no hands-on impression has mentioned it and no video has shown it.

Bombs can now be used in three ways: set down, thrown overhanded with the WM , or rolled like bowling balls with an underhanded motion. Each method of placement has different uses, and has been confirmed to come into play in solving puzzles.

The whip is used with WM (like pretty much every other item shown so far), with an overhand flick lashing out to grab at items or enemies. Pulling back with it will pull back on the whip, either retrieving whatever has been grabbed and sending it flying into the air. The whip doesn't appear to be very useful in combat, but it's not clear what its final purpose will be.

The Golden Beetle is an item launched from Link's wrist which can bee controlled like a plane - or Fluzzard in Mario Galaxy 2, if you prefer. You control its pitch and tilt by tilting the Wii remote, and can get boosts of speed by pressing A. It can pick up items and appears to be able to damage some enemies, and it has been suggested that it's supposed to be very useful for scouting out areas before heading into danger.

So far only Link and the girl from last year's artwork were confirmed. The girl in the artwork is the Skyward Sword.

Click here to see the complete IGN gallery

Click here to see the E3 2010 anouncement trailer

Click here to see IGN's gameplay videos (off screen)

Click here to see Gametrailers gameplay videos (off screen)

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is an action-adventure game currently in development by Nintendo Entertainment Analysis & Development, and the sixteenth installment in the Legend of Zelda series.

Release Date: TBA 2011 

Exclusively on: Wii

ESRB: Rating Pending

Genre: Action/Adventure

Publisher: Nintendo

Developer: Nintendo

Nintendo definitely has work ahead of them. But the company made it clear: it's coming next year. Plenty of time to tweak it. - IGN - Read the whole preview here

After we spent a few minutes getting the hang of the timing, Skyward Sword's one-to-one sword motion was more satisfying and more engaging than flailing ever was, and that bodes well for the adventure to come. - Gamespot - Read the whole preview here

Thus ended my extremely satisfying demo with Skyward Sword. If you really want a 1:1 sword control adventure, look no further. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is shaping into an incredible experience. - Vgchartz - Read the whole preview here

This is something by request, but if someone else does a thread dedicated to this, I'll erase this area. You only need to tell me that you wanna join the train and I'll update it.

1. morenoingrato - 2. TX109 - 3. Rainbow Yoshi

4. blunty51 - 5. tolu619 - 6. guiduc -

7. SHMUPGurus - 8. Ninpanda - 9. Myak-04 -

10. darthdevidem01 - 11. Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo - 12. trashleg

13. miz1q2w3e - 14. Beatlesfan - 15. RCTjunkie

16. c03n3nj0 - 17. deathcape - 18. Ninten78

19. WessleWoggle - 20. Jaos - 21. Wii_Master

22. lolita - 23. TripleMMM

Around the Network

Made very early but STILL AWESOME THREAD!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:

I couldn't risk myself to be defeated by someone else

morenoingrato said:
darthdevidem01 said:

I couldn't risk myself to be defeated by someone else

Couldn't wait until later like when we actually have lots of info

doesn't matter it was just announced yesterday and only a year away

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

link doesnt jump to another island. just to the surface i think (if i read correctly)

other than that good thread! hope you keep it updated. you should get some videos in there to.

Around the Network

AWSOME!!!!

This game is going to be amazing. This will encourage me to finish Twilight Princess (I started playing about a month ago, yeah, I'm about 4 years late in starting this awesome game).

So far, I like the look of the cross between Twilight Princess and Wind Waker.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

This early?  The game's like a year away! 

Can't blame you for being enthusiastic, but there goes my shot at making the thread.  >_>

Definitively the best Skyward Sword gameplay video I saw during E3. Kit Ellis does it (he is a VRP Nintendo). First I was disappointed when Miyamoto introduced new Zelda, but now I'm just in love with :love:

makingmusic476 said:

This early?  The game's like a year away! 

Can't blame you for being enthusiastic, but there goes my shot at making the thread.  >_>

Ditto.