By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - M$ core exclusives at E3. What to look forward to.

Bobo012893 said:

I think I am going to sell my Xbox

Up until now I have prefered my PS3 over my 360 but there have been some really kick ass games that have kept me from getting rid of it. I am kind of disappointed that Microsoft has reduced Rare to some kind of casual games factory as I loved Banjo (Viva Pinata and Kameo were all right).

Gears 1 was one of my favorite games of all time but 2 was a major disappointment aside from the singleplayer, which I don't really give a shit about. The only game that I am mildly interested in on this list is gears 3 and then I don't even know if Cliff might fuck it up again like he did the second one.

I only like singleplayer for FPS and Halo's singleplayer is all right but it is clear that the majority of their focus goes into multiplayer.

I find the Fable games to be boring as they have a bunch of gameplay systems but no real depth to any of them

I think this line-up is kind of disappointing and it shows how Microsoft has shifted their focus into ensuring that Kinect is a success. While I have no interest in Kinect and I think it will be a massive failure amongst core gamers, i think that it will be a success in the same vein as the wii, which is kind of disappointing as that may mean the death of the 360 in my eyes.

This guy reads my mind :<

Around the Network

Between

must play multiplats: Dead rising 2, Singularity, CAstlevania Lords of Shadow, Dead Space 2, Mafia 2, Fallout:Vegas, Medal of Honor, Crysis 2, Enslaved, COD: black ps

Exclusives: NNN2, Crackdown 2, Halo Reach, Fable 3

XBL must play games: Summer of arcade stuff, Sonic the hedgehog 4

Kinect stuff

DLC stuff :Dead Rising Case zero, Alan Wake DLC

Xbox owner is very well taken care of for 2010.

I already have Singularity, Crackdown 2, Halo Reach(really all the gaming i need for 6 months), Dead Rising 2 preordered and plan to get Lords of shadow and Kinect stuff in Novmeber  and some Xbox live games.

Not bad, but I'm looking forward to some multiplats a lot more.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Good thing it has those too, eh? :P

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Which ones?

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
Munkeh111 said:
lostintheodyssey said:
Munkeh111 said:
Aiddon said:

On consoles Fable 3 is exclusive (though, yes, it is on pc as well)

So it's not exclusive, it's console exclusive

Whatever Microsoft doesn't care since it's published by them and they own the game studio so either way they get your money whether it's on pc or 360.  Just call it a Microsoft exclusive since they win either way.

Well I think that they get more money from the 360 version... but fine, it is just not an exclusive, it is a console exclusive or Microsoft exclusive

well then...you will notice the title does specify microsoft exclusive

If somobody manages to make it run under Wine, it's neither a MS exclusive anymore.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
MrBubbles said:
Munkeh111 said:
lostintheodyssey said:
Munkeh111 said:
Aiddon said:

Whatever Microsoft doesn't care since it's published by them and they own the game studio so either way they get your money whether it's on pc or 360.  Just call it a Microsoft exclusive since they win either way.

Well I think that they get more money from the 360 version... but fine, it is just not an exclusive, it is a console exclusive or Microsoft exclusive

If somobody manages to make it run under Wine, it's neither a MS exclusive anymore.

I have a friend who can play PS2 games on his Xbox...does that make all PS2 games (or at least the one's he owns) not exclusive anymore?

Wow more BS 'exclusive' arguing! We need to look at gaming as a whole, there's a reason why there is a PC sub-forum, games like Fable III, and Final Fantasy 14 are not exclusive they are multi-platform. 

The whole notion of 'console exclusive' is mainly used to differentiate the 360 from the PS3. It does go both ways (FF14, but generally it's 360 fans using it to beef up their lists). It's fine in the context of comparing the libraries of the PS3 and 360, but gaming as a whole? No. It's discriminatory and can be misleading.

I've said it before, it will be interesting to see what Sony fanboys call games that are only on the Wii and PS3. HD exclusive? Whatever its named it will ridiculous, hopefully it will wake up both sides and put an end to this nonsense. 

Other than that IMO the list looks to be a bit 'more of the same', granted franchises like Halo and Gears are exceptional. If that's what gamers want then so be it. I'd just like to see them branch out with more new 'core' games. I can't wait for Reach though, from the sounds of it the campaign will be significantly improved upon! 

yo_john117 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
MrBubbles said:
Munkeh111 said:
lostintheodyssey said:
Munkeh111 said:
Aiddon said:

I have a friend who can play PS2 games on his Xbox...does that make all PS2 games (or at least the one's he owns) not exclusive anymore?

Yes, no double standards for me. Exclusives are DEAD!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Great i just wish ms made a new IP with groundbreaking graphics like what Gears of War did.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB