By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
steverhcp02 said:
MrBubbles said:

how exactly does buying things at different times "solve" anything ?

Do you justify paying 30,000 for a car or make payments monthly, it justifies spending more money when spread over long term...what was it you said, forgive me if i misquote you, 1st grade stuff? 

i take it you never made it that far then?

because even trying to compare something like purchasing a vehicle (something that can be pretty expensive and essential to the normal functioning of ones life) and buying some video game controllers makes me question your ability to think clearly.   as well as the fact that it doesnt make sense since the amount of money spent on the controllers would be the same. 

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
Seece said:
steverhcp02 said:
MrBubbles said:

Do you justify paying 30,000 for a car or make payments monthly, it justifies spending more money when spread over long term...what was it you said, forgive me if i misquote you, 1st grade stuff? 

How the hell can you "spread out payments" on a PS3 ... and that's not even what either of those guys mean't in the first place. What a stupid comparison

Im not talking about spreading out payments on a PS3. Im saying if I reeeeally wanted move i could buy a controller and a game right now, since i have a PSEye. So i can play with i........t then when socom comes out, grab the nunchuck and another move and play that and use both moves, etc. Im spending the same money in the end but its easier on my bank account and doable for me.

steverhcp02 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
steverhcp02 said:
MrBubbles said:

At the end, you pay the same amount....

Exactly, thats my point, actually you pay more with interes on the cart, but my point is it hurts a lot more spending 30,000 or $180 at one time than it does spending $400 a month or two months paying $90

If i want a move but say gosh $180 is a lot i can buy it in pieces, if i want a prius i can say gosh thats  alot of money but i can chip away at it.

Im not saying its a benefit im simply saying with this structure its not an "omg dealbreaker" people are attempting to make it be.,

But is not going to work that way. The audience that Sony is trying to get is not goona say "Ok so... I spend $300 this month, and next month i'll spend another $150" while they can just look at the wii and say "well, if I'm spendig $300 this month in videogames, I could be getting 3 games and an extra controller to play with someone"

Remember, sony is aiming for the people that wants quick games, to play with friends and family... Not the people that wants uncharted or killzone

MrBubbles said:
steverhcp02 said:
MrBubbles said:

i take it you never made it that far then?

because even trying to compare something like purchasing a vehicle (something that can be pretty expensive and essential to the normal functioning of ones life) and buying some video game controllers makes me question your ability to think clearly.   as well as the fact that it doesnt make sense since the amount of money spent on the controllers would be the same. 

No, my point is if i want something thats "expensive" i dont have to pay for it all at one time. Since the move users th enunchuck in games like socom or Killzone 3 i can buy things over time and alleviate the burden of total cost, im not saying im saving money im saying it becomes affordable than one lump sum.

steverhcp02 said:
Seece said:
steverhcp02 said:
MrBubbles said:

How the hell can you "spread out payments" on a PS3 ... and that's not even what either of those guys mean't in the first place. What a stupid comparison

Im not talking about spreading out payments on a PS3. Im saying if I reeeeally wanted move i could buy a controller and a game right now, since i have a PSEye. So i can play with i........t then when socom comes out, grab the nunchuck and another move and play that and use both moves, etc. Im spending the same money in the end but its easier on my bank account and doable for me.

See, that's your mistake. Sony is trying to get people which don't even have a ps3

Around the Network
lilc64 said:

Are people really paying attenion to this thread, you dont need 2 move controllers to play those games, they just chose to show them that way.And sports champions looks to be an awesome game getting praise from people. I dont mind playing a few bucks more so i can play my hd compatible games in true 1:1 movements. And i dont get how people are say microsoft has the upper hand with kinect. They didnt show one good game when they kept saying you will be able to use it with alan wake, halo reach and hd games than they show us wii sports and xbox avatar graphic games.

IYO - to the wider audience, those Kinect games are going to appeal more than SOCOM 4.

Another thing, they NEVER said kinect would be in Alan Wake or Halo Reach, you completely made that up.

Seece said:
steverhcp02 said:
MrBubbles said:

he probably bought his from one of those rent-to-own places where they charged him 200 dollars a month for 2 years.  because paying less one month means its worth paying more!

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Maynard_Tool said:
steverhcp02 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
steverhcp02 said:
MrBubbles said:

At the end, you pay the same amount....

Exactly, thats my point, actually you pay more with interes on the cart, but my point is it hurts a lot more spending 30,000 or $180 at one time than it does spending $400 a month or two months paying $90

If i want a move but say gosh $180 is a lot i can buy it in pieces, if i want a prius i can say gosh thats  alot of money but i can chip away at it.

Im not saying its a benefit im simply saying with this structure its not an "omg dealbreaker" people are attempting to make it be.,

But is not going to work that way. The audience that Sony is trying to get is not goona say "Ok so... I spend $300 this month, and next month i'll spend another $150" while they can just look at the wii and say "well, if I'm spendig $300 this month in videogames, I could be getting 3 games and an extra controller to play with someone"

Remember, sony is aiming for the people that wants quick games, to play with friends and family... Not the people that wants uncharted or killzone

I disagree. Theyre aiming at current users branching out but also i think their idea is that families where the dad wants BD, the kid wants God of War and little sissy and mom are left in the dark, the family can justify a PS3 for EVERYONE. Im not saying its a good idea, but i dont think Sony is trying to be a Wii, i think its trying to make a case for everyone in the home.

Regardless its irrelavent, the discussion was about how uber expensive and unaffordable $180 is, and my point still remains, if that is a barrier to someone who wants this product, they can easily buy it in stages and still enjoy it thoroughly base don content functionality and justify spending the final sum in increments rather than one lump sum.

MrBubbles said:
Seece said:
steverhcp02 said:
MrBubbles said:

he probably bought his from one of those rent-to-own places where they charged him 200 dollars a month for 2 years.  because paying less one month means its worth paying more!

keep your backahaned personal insults out of it, please. Doesnt help your case or move the debate along.

It's pretty clear that this was a troll thread from the start.  Move doesn't cost 180 dollars.  It costs 50 (80 if you don't own the camera yet).  There's an add on that costs 30 that you can use on some games, or you can just use the controller you already own.  There's one very rare instance that requires you to own two move controllers (no different than the very rare instances where you need two wii controllers).   Who is going to go out and buy the camera, two move's, and a subcontroller day one?  Unless someone wants the fighting game, they'll probably never buy two moves. 

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS