By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - so move is $180?

Kantor said:
Fumanchu said:

I think by far that the biggest revelation to come out of this cost comparison is that the 'Wii60' argument is back again;

Wii = $200 with motion control

360 Arcade = $150 with 2 games

Total = $350

PS3 Move = $400

It's only fair that if you include Move with the PS3, you have to include Kinect with the Wii60.

So, Wii60 is actually $500.

Fair smair - if someone wants motion control gaming and HD gaming they can do so at $50 cheaper than buying a PS3 Move bundle and have the gaming libraries of 2 consoles over 1. 

Around the Network

You can use a DualShock in lieu of a Nav Controller.

Also, I doubt there will be many games that support 2 Moves BOTH with Nav controllers.  I bet you can get by with just one of those.

Fumanchu said:

I think by far that the biggest revelation to come out of this cost comparison is that the 'Wii60' argument is back again;

Wii = $200 with motion control

360 Arcade = $150 with 2 games

Total = $350

PS3 Move = $400

Wii60 rules

Repent or be destroyed

While I think Move and the Wiimote are better ideas than Kinect, the cost problem is Move's biggest obstacle.  While the people have to buy extra Wiimotes to add more players, PS3 owners have to buy more controllers that just won't work well with the games they already have.  So, they are an extra expense that are only truly functional for Move games.  Since none of these come with the PS3 the investment for the new consumer is daunting.  Buy a PS3, Move controllers, the Eye, and games for it?  That is gets pricey real fast.  I think they will be able to do more with it than Kinect is able to do, but I think they'll have problems moving units for other reasons.

I give this thread a 9.7.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Well I'm going with the $99 bundle for myself.

I don't really see the need to buy anything else, because all my friends will (hoprefully) buy the move as well. And if they want to play some multi-player, they'll just have to bring their controllers.