By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
steverhcp02 said:
MrBubbles said:

how exactly does buying things at different times "solve" anything ?

Do you justify paying 30,000 for a car or make payments monthly, it justifies spending more money when spread over long term...what was it you said, forgive me if i misquote you, 1st grade stuff? 

Personally as a company car driver I factor in monthly costs, list price and CO2 emissions then visit the Tax man to figure out the damage. A lot of people take note of the complete cost others do not. The whole idea of the casual purchase is it should be cheap enough so nobody spends to long thinking about it. Why people bring in expensive items like cars into these types of discussions is beyond me because it clearly is a more complex decision process.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Around the Network
Maynard_Tool said:
joeorc said:
Maynard_Tool said:

Lots of If's, and price disccounts, and (hopeful) bundles are showing w/o it been release.... that shows you that this stuff is expensive, and sony is not going in the direction they should with move.

what direction should they take?

i am interested to hear your take.

I'm talking about the price... it should be cheaper. A $400 bundle is not the best idea vs a $200 Wii... which people already now, and identify with motion controls. Which also has 2 games, and a full controller. You just need to spend around 80 bucks to get another controller... or if you are smart, get wii play which is 50 i guess, nunchuck and WMplus.... which is 90. So by spending $290, you get 2 full controllers and 3 games...... that's $100 less

see that's the problem your trying to compare it to the Wii. the PS3's move is not the same as the Wii motion plus. I do not know how many gamer's that have said that about one product or another this generation..they are not the same product's

it should be cheaper?

look the PS3 is not the Wii. they are not the same console!

the Game's made for the Wii are cheaper to make because the hardware is less complicated.The PS3 can benefit by selling cheap Wii port's on the PS3.

But on the Same Token it has software that the Wii does not have and most likely the Wii could not Run. because of the way the PS3 software is designed. now it's not to say that a Wii port could not be done, no what i am saying there is just some thing's since the Wii does not have access too that it could not do as the software is done, right now.

many gamer's are spoiled!/lol

not to say you are but it's not about who can get the quickest buck the fastest.

people are trying to point this as trying to take away the Market share of the Wii..

Just look at the Playstation Move's line up of software.

it's about getting 3RD party developer's to make the once exclusive Wii software for the PS3.

make Wii 3rd party Exclusive's GO multi-platform.

it's more about long haul than here right now.

Sony know's it's unrealistic to think your going to take much market share from Nintendo..at this point Sony does not have too it's getting plenty of 3RD party support as it is.

Nintendo is not in any hurry to replace the Wii, and Sony is not also in replacing the PS3 and that goes for Microsoft. just look at the redesign for the xbox360 here we are 5 year's later and the xbox360 is still going strong.

Sony's not directly going after Wii consumer's it's going after the Wii's only 3rd party exclusive developer's

that way to offer them more incentive to make less Wii exclusive's. which is one of the thing's that Nintendo does not rely on anyway.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

^ suuuuuuuuuuure

Socom 4 looks amazing with the "MOVE" with that guy holding the Move Controllers like a gun and was aiming looked damn near insane

Fight looks great as well.

the 179.99 seems kind of steep tho for it i still think we should judge the price based on the games that are coming out and to be annouced.

steverhcp02 said:
MrBubbles said:

Do you justify paying 30,000 for a car or make payments monthly, it justifies spending more money when spread over long term...what was it you said, forgive me if i misquote you, 1st grade stuff? 

How the hell can you "spread out payments" on a PS3 ... and that's not even what either of those guys mean't in the first place. What a stupid comparison

Around the Network
Maynard_Tool said:

^ suuuuuuuuuuure

you say that but why not?

the Wii is selling great, but what do you hear all the time..Wii does not get the 3rd party is deserves.

you know it work's both way's right?

if Sony get's Wii 3rd party exclusives than the same could go for the Wii it could get 3rd party Playstation move game's!

if sony can indeed get Wii 3rd party Exclusives to go Multi-platform sony could position themselves as the in between system. a bit of both world's

has motion capabilities of the Wii

and

some motion capailities of the Kinect

IE: 2nd place...

:P

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

welshbloke said:
steverhcp02 said:
MrBubbles said:

Personally as a company car driver I factor in monthly costs, list price and CO2 emissions then visit the Tax man to figure out the damage. A lot of people take note of the complete cost others do not. The whole idea of the casual purchase is it should be cheap enough so nobody spends to long thinking about it. Why people bring in expensive items like cars into these types of discussions is beyond me because it clearly is a more complex decision process.

People have different budgets, theres no such thing as a sure fire impulse buy, everyone different. I know people who could buy a 30,000 car i know people who could drop $150 for kinect...i cant do either, so regardless it doesnt apply to all people.

The fact of th ematter and th epoint i was trying to make, for everything we want we can budget, base don all th eentry costs associated with these machines theres no impulse buy, people that want it will save monethly or buy it in pieces rather than all up front and people that dont want it simply wont If someone doesnt fit into that category then they arent really important in the discussion of affordability. The price of Kinect and Move is irrelavent.

I just get so sick of seeing these trivial justifications it started with Sony as the better bang, MSFT costs added up to yadayadayada, it didnt matter, the 360 destroyed th ePS3 in sales. Why? Because it gave people a great experience, it had momentum and it had better marketing. Now with this discussion Sony entry price is cheaper but to flesh it out its cheaper to get kinect....will it matter? No, because Sony has the momentum, Sony has better marketing and because to be honest, the move is a footnote regardless of how much Sony wishes it werent. 

Maynard_Tool said:
steverhcp02 said:
MrBubbles said:

At the end, you pay the same amount....

Exactly, thats my point, actually you pay more with interes on the cart, but my point is it hurts a lot more spending 30,000 or $180 at one time than it does spending $400 a month or two months paying $90

If i want a move but say gosh $180 is a lot i can buy it in pieces, if i want a prius i can say gosh thats  alot of money but i can chip away at it.

Im not saying its a benefit im simply saying with this structure its not an "omg dealbreaker" people are attempting to make it be.,

NIs b/c is obvious that Sony and MS are trying to steal some of the "casuals" nintendo has in the bag....but with those prices, I don't think is gonna really work. But I could be wrong, let's see what happens

Are people really paying attenion to this thread, you dont need 2 move controllers to play those games, they just chose to show them that way.And sports champions looks to be an awesome game getting praise from people. I dont mind paying a few bucks more so i can play my hd compatible games in true 1:1 movements. And i dont get how people are say microsoft has the upper hand with kinect. They didnt show one good game when they kept saying you will be able to use it with alan wake, halo reach and hd games than they show us wii sports and xbox avatar graphic games.