By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So which will be more Successful- Kinect or Move

Wiimote and 3DS.

Around the Network

Nice try leo but ur dmg control isnt great at all..maybe it's time for you to "Move'' on.

All 3 can do 1:1 so yeah....no battle there.

I understand you didnt see anything good in the Kinect line up....but are you casual? Do you have a family? Do you have casual friends? Do you have a over weight wife/gf?

Msft hit hard..went for the casual throat. And when it relases itll show it...

Your coke cans really?

What happends when kinect is on the Ellen show? Oprah? Or every teen/kid and glamour mag?

Guess those cokes are really that good eh?

Msft pr is already hitting all these places..the abc news stuff was a casual america wake up call..more so when it was on the front headline of msn,yahoo,aol.

It's done been shown 429$ for a non ps3 person to get the full set up. 1 player...

More than likely 399$ for the 360...oh and thats for 4players.

I will give you the fact of a single gamer wanting something and already having say a 360/ps3...move looks great..just like the wii does...excpt HD.

Here leo another thread talking bout 1:1 http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=111511&page=6

"" short vers"

nordlead said:

ok everyone say it with me now.

All 3 systems are capable of 1:1 in the hardware. The fact that games aren't 1:1 is because of the software, not because of the hardware.

Wii remote is capable of tracking: Acceleration in all 3 axis. It is capable of tracking rotation on all 3 axis. And is capable of telling depth/position via the sensor bar. Everything you need to track 1:1 if you feel like putting the software processing into it.

PS3 Move is capable of tracking all the same stuff, but it does it differently. Therefore capable of 1:1

X360 Kinect: ditto

Anyways, not all games use the 1:1 capabilities and instead abstract the movements. Most Nintendo games use an aproximation of 1:1 to make things simpler for the user and the programmer.

disolitude said:

I don't see either company neglect the core gamer for you to say this.

Take it from someone with four years of experience here:  the facts are far less important in these discussions than the perception, and because of titles like Kinectimals and Move Sports, the other halves of those conferences never happened

DarkisWR said:

Nice try leo but ur dmg control isnt great at all..maybe it's time for you to "Move'' on.

Okay, that was actually pretty funny.

I agree, but if either of these devices is designed to expand the userbase for their respective devices the prices are steep. =/

noob moment.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

disolitude said:

Why is everyone saying these devices are expensive? Wiifit came with 1 game and a plastic board and was 100 bucks. This is *slightly* more advanced tech with a lot more applications...it costs money to build this stuff.

With that said I think Kinect will mop the floor with Move when it comes to sales.  

Move is just a gaming device, which while more precise, has been available for 4 years now. Sony may stress that its more precise...but casuals dont care, only we do. 

While Kinect is a user interface device for the xbox as much as its a gaming device...Not to mention that its slightly more unique in its execution and is easier to market to casuals (tracks body, and voice control...who doesn't want that?). Add to that the day when Kinect announces PC support and yeah...

*take 2* I agree, but if either of these devices are suppose to expand their respective devices audience the price is a lil' steep.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:
disolitude said:
leo-j said:
calvinandhobbes said:

I am going to go with kinect. 

it has a greater appeal to the casual, enough said. 

how do you know? PS move has the combination of 1:1 motion controller with 3D space, and PS EYE and a much cheaper entry price than kinect.. plus it comes out almost 2 months earlier

That answer is way too technical and alone explains why Kinect will be more successful.

Did you hear it lets you pet and play with little tiger anmals?

You mean like Eyepet?

Well Sony never told me there are petting games on this device...

DarkisWR said:

I understand you didnt see anything good in the Kinect line up....but are you casual? Do you have a family? Do you have casual friends? Do you have a over weight wife/gf?

Yes, I have a family - they own a Wii, with Wii Fit etc

Yes, I have casual friends, they have not heard of move/kinect/natal but love playing Wii

No, but I do have a gf who is conscious of her weight (aren't all women :P) Who loves playing Wii

If the Wii didn't exist, then kinect would win. Because it does, it will not. The Wii has already got the userbase for the types of games that are releasing on Natal, and Wiimote being similar to move is an advantage - makes ports easy

noname2200 said:
disolitude said:

I don't see either company neglect the core gamer for you to say this.

Take it from someone with four years of experience here:  the facts are far less important in these discussions than the perception, and because of titles like Kinectimals and Move Sports, the other halves of those conferences never happened

Gotcha, yeah I thought so.

scottie said:
DarkisWR said:

Yes, I have a family - they own a Wii, with Wii Fit etc

Yes, I have casual friends, they have not heard of move/kinect/natal but love playing Wii

No, but I do have a gf who is conscious of her weight (aren't all women :P) Who loves playing Wii

If the Wii didn't exist, then kinect would win. Because it does, it will not. The Wii has already got the userbase for the types of games that are releasing on Natal, and Wiimote being similar to move is an advantage - makes ports easy

Aye I took that aswell...

But a key seller here is ''New''. No controllers...stuff for the family etc...Wii has been out for a good while now..I'm sure theres many that would like to try something new*regardless if its move or kinect*

Thing is theres still alot of Casuals out there to sell too...if there wasnt wii wouldnt still be selling like it has been.

I think thats what kinect is going for and a good*if just 1 out of 65 wii owners buy it..thats alot* chance at trying to get the current wii owners to ''Upgrade''.

Neither one is going to overtake the casual market.  Wii already has that, it's not going to change, and I'm sick of hearing about it.

That said, Kinect is a cooler technology, cause we haven't seen it before, but I really don't see it catching on.  I don't want to speak to my Xbox to make it do things, and I don't want to hold invisible steering wheels.  I'd rather hold a real steering wheel.  I mean seriously, the demos for Kinect games this E3 was so lame, I could barely stand it.  Move wasn't that great either, but was much more gamer friendly than Kinect in my opinion.

Neither one is going to overtake Wii for the casual market, but MS seemed to make that their goal more so than Sony. Unless you're really into dancing games in HD, I don't see why you'd want to buy a Kinect.