By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So which will be more Successful- Kinect or Move

My 10 cents:

I'm more excited about Move. The incredible Natal Hype has made me really pissed off at the 'Kinect'. Natal sounds hardcore, Kinect sounds like it's for housewives. I lost hope that Natal would be super-cool. Sorry MS.

Around the Network

I used to think Natal, but after the lukewarm debut, I really don't know now.  I think we need more info.

leo-j said:

Microsoft is going to push it harder than putting PS MOVE and the PS3 on every single coca cola/sprite can this FALL/WINTER?

Really? I don't think that's even possible.. and move comes out almost 2 months earlier.

Really? More than getting ad space on every gaming site? More than major news sites doing featured vids on it? More than good morning America have a blast with it? 

Oh but some coke ads pawn all.

Msft line up captured the market they were going for move...did nothing.

really? So the games sony annoucned at GDC are nothing? And yes a few coke cans to everyone on earth that likes coke is bigger than a show on good morning america, after move has already been demo'd to many many sites/tv shows..

mM

I pray Move.......the announced titles fot Kinect look like absolute garbage......so logically Kinect will do better.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network

I am going to go with kinect. 

it has a greater appeal to the casual, enough said. 

Kinect! who needs video games!

calvinandhobbes said:

I am going to go with kinect. 

it has a greater appeal to the casual, enough said. 

how do you know? PS move has the combination of 1:1 motion controller with 3D space, and PS EYE and a much cheaper entry price than kinect.. plus it comes out almost 2 months earlier

mM
disolitude said:

Why is everyone saying these devices are expensive? Wiifit came with 1 game and a plastic board and was 100 bucks. This is *slightly* more advanced tech with a lot more applications...it costs money to build this stuff.

With that said I think Kinect will mop the floor with Move when it comes to sales.  

Move is just a gaming device, which while more precise, has been available for 4 years now. Sony may stress that its more precise...but casuals dont care, only we do. 

While Kinect is a user interface device for the xbox as much as its a gaming device...Not to mention that its slightly more unique in its execution and is easier to market to casuals (tracks body, and voice control...who doesn't want that?). Add to that the day when Kinect announces PC support and yeah...

I agree with you 100%.  Kinect has become the mainstream media darling.  While the games really didn't do much for the core gamer (which obviously isn't the target audience) games like Kinectimals and Dance Central are going to be an easy sell to the casuals.  My daughter went crazy over the Kinectimals demo.  Me...I like the way it will be used to interface with the 360.  Who wouldn't like to control their console like Tom Cruise in Minority Report?

Move don't have a chance, I mean, its not casual enough, wasn't being casual that the main point?

Microsoft incorporated a black guy listening to Justin Bieber in their Kinect presentation.  If that doesn't scream success I don't know what does.  Show me one core gamer that listens to that crap.  Hell I didn't even know he existed  until 2 weeks ago.  Kinect will definitely sell more because they will continue to market it to this demographic

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made