By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So which will be more Successful- Kinect or Move

DarkisWR said:
leo-j said:

Microsoft is going to push it harder than putting PS MOVE and the PS3 on every single coca cola/sprite can this FALL/WINTER?

Really? I don't think that's even possible.. and move comes out almost 2 months earlier.

Really? More than getting ad space on every gaming site? More than major news sites doing featured vids on it? More than good morning America have a blast with it? 

Oh but some coke ads pawn all.

Msft line up captured the market they were going for move...did nothing.

Not everyone goes to major gaming sites ie. the casual crowd that don't care about news, ratings, etc.

Everyone and their momma drinks Coke. So yea "some coke ads pawn all"

Currently playing:

Unreal Tournament 3, Warhawk, Rock Band, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, DMC2, then 3, and Radiata Stories

"Stop the presses// It's been a while but I'm back in session// And in the past time my flow's matured more than adolescence// It's time to learn a lesson// So get you pen and your pad out, listen close, and take heed to this blessing"

Around the Network

I think their both terrible and will die a horrible sales death. Motion Controls =/= Hardcore gaming. In my opinon

boilermaker11 said:
DarkisWR said:
leo-j said:

Microsoft is going to push it harder than putting PS MOVE and the PS3 on every single coca cola/sprite can this FALL/WINTER?

Really? I don't think that's even possible.. and move comes out almost 2 months earlier.

Really? More than getting ad space on every gaming site? More than major news sites doing featured vids on it? More than good morning America have a blast with it? 

Not everyone goes to major gaming sites ie. the casual crowd that don't care about news, ratings, etc.

More health-conscious families actually don't drink soda at all (or at least very rarely), and considering the Wii Fit "phenomenon", I would think that ads on cans of Coke might actually be quite ineffective. This is not to say casual = health conscious, but I don't think Coke ads will pull in that sub-type from the casuals. Also not to say they wouldn't be interested in Move, just needs to be marketed differently to reach them.

leo-j said:
calvinandhobbes said:

I am going to go with kinect. 

it has a greater appeal to the casual, enough said. 

how do you know? PS move has the combination of 1:1 motion controller with 3D space, and PS EYE and a much cheaper entry price than kinect.. plus it comes out almost 2 months earlier

you don't know about the price of kinect, and move looks way more expensive and too similar to wii, so anyone even thinking about move will choose wii over move, thus killing moves sales.

Kinect presents a totally different ball game.

Speculation aside , once you figure in the existing information, kinect is more likely to succeed. 

Kinect! who needs video games!

r505Matt said:
boilermaker11 said:
DarkisWR said:
leo-j said:

More health-conscious families actually don't drink soda at all (or at least very rarely), and considering the Wii Fit "phenomenon", I would think that ads on cans of Coke might actually be quite ineffective. This is not to say casual = health conscious, but I don't think Coke ads will pull in that sub-type from the casuals. Also not to say they wouldn't be interested in Move, just needs to be marketed differently to reach them.

do any of us really know microsoft's marketing strategy for kinect? (I bet it will be bigger than nintendo and sony combined)

I suspect it to be more mainstream than move. Also, what does some advertising do on coke cans, it doesn't show the customer what the product is (WOW and Halo have used this method before with mountain dew). There needs to be some ads showing the thing running in motion to really get people's attention. To the casual consumer, however, it will appear to be a more expensive wii rip off. 

Around the Network

I don't think people are going to be picking up either one if they don't already own the systems, so the question is, "which userbase is more likely to 'add-on'".

And I think that userbase is on ps3

Just an observation here : Don't you think that Kinect seems to be limited to 2 players at the same time ?

AFAIK, we have not been shown any game having more than 2 players tracked by Kinect.

Sweep said:

Just an observation here : Don't you think that Kinect seems to be limited to 2 players at the same time ?

AFAIK, we have not been shown any game having more than 2 players tracked by Kinect.

maybe it is just impractical at the moment for them to do that. or maybe it cannot handle it....

Move b/c it has hardcore games avaliable.

I believe the move will be successful for the reason that it can really appeal to the core gamers and casual. Still, I'm sure Microsoft has already come up with a very profitable target market for the kinect. I mean it may not look appealing for some, but I'm sure it wowed a good group of people.