By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LOVELY 3DS games screenshots collection!

ClaudeLv250 said:

PSP2 doesn't exist so I don't know how it entered the discussion.

Anyways it's hard for me to assess the graphical capabilities of the 3DS because the visuals vary wildly from the games presented. I'm not entirely convinced that some of the higher end screens aren't bullshots. Kid Icarus si the only one I'm safe saying is at least representative of what the 3DS can do as it was built from the ground up, and it looks great. If everything here is real then 3DS is far beyond PSP in visuals.

yes 3DS is powerfull but the PSP2 discussion came up because some people were caliming it to be PS360 graphics but they aren't that good

they are as good as PSP,WII,PS2 things.they can look even better as it is on a small screen and as the gen progresses the graphics will progress but still no way near PS360

also IWATA said that because it was 6 years since DS release they gave it a graphical upgrade but the upgrade only made it look like what was already their on a rival handheld and last gen home consoles so they didn't really do an upgrade

and so the PSP2 will have better graphics thing came up

Around the Network

wow, the Japanese support looks spectacular.  What is with those craptastic games from western devs.   Battle of giants looks so awful.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

gameheart said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
superchunk said:

Holy crap! Those rumors of better than Wii and approaching PS360 graphics are true.

I so buying this day one.

not PS360

but as good as Wii,PS2,PSP on the small screen

now just a small price

BUT psp2 graphics will easily do them in bed

Technically they don't have to make the game in 3D which is actually making the game render twice so you cna have the 3D effect... if you just made your game 2D you free up a lot of horsepower... what could your game look like then? It might BE more powerful than a Wii as crazy as that sounds to me...

it can be more powerfull than the Wii but not PS360 graphics,no way near them

also yes the games are already 3D but not 3D viewed as of now but you also have to specially define and make work how 3D games will be displayed and how consumer will be able to see them so it would differ from agme to game

we should 1st understand that nintendo never released hardware specs for more recent generations, so it is too early to tell the hardware power of 3DS and these are just quick demos to showcase the 3DS 1st hand capabilities. May i remind you that the recent rumors that has been flying in weeks has been quite accurate so far, so we should not rule out what the developer said about the 3DS being closer to PS3/360 graphics because they are the ones that can tell after trying dev tool kits. 

I am just saying that it is a possibility

even the quick demos would have better graphics if it was PS360 powerful and that was what i was replying for

i don't mean to say 3DS isn't powerfull,it really is but not as PS360 as some people are claiming and the shit article by IGN.

and that was not a developer but IGN

superchunk said:
sc94597 said:

I don't think the graphics, as of now, are comparable to the best the Wii has to offer. Maybe some lower-end games, but surely not the best. Looks somewhere between PS2 and Gamecube as of now. And yes the Wii is significantly better than both of them. I'm sure the best it can do will be comparable to Wii games, but definitely not an HD Console. There is just so much you can do with a handheld. Regardless, the investment is in 3d rather than raw performance. 

Somewhat off topic:  I wonder if there might be some Monster Hunter support for it if Sony takes too long getting a PSP2 out there. I wonder how well it would do. 

You really need to take another look at the RE games many screenshots.

Things tend to look better on smaller screens rather than large ones. It's crisper and you can't see the detail, which does all the difference on big screen.

I would have to know some specifications about the 3DS technical capabilities. They say it looks close to HD consoles, that's a little too far fetched. I'd say having IPhone capabilities is more likely, so SFIV on Iphone should look similar to SFIV on 3DS, that means we are approaching the Wii. So possible RE4 port or PS2 ports are likely to happend.

But no way it comes even close to HD, best Wii games are miles away from looking like the average HD title and 3DS having something that could approach or even challange Killzone 3, Uncharted 2 or God of War 3 is just silly thinking.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

ClaudeLv250 said:

Anyways it's hard for me to assess the graphical capabilities of the 3DS because the visuals vary wildly from the games presented. I'm not entirely convinced that some of the higher end screens aren't bullshots. Kid Icarus si the only one I'm safe saying is at least representative of what the 3DS can do as it was built from the ground up, and it looks great. If everything here is real then 3DS is far beyond PSP in visuals.

Those screens might not be bullshots, but they are from tech demos. In other words: those are just to show of the rendering capabilities, there is no other process running behind that. Now add the stuff that makes a game game and the performance will drop massively. That's what makes the difference between 3D Mark and your actual game.

PSP suffers from the absence of anti-aliasing, if you added that, the top PSP titles would match most of what was shown here. I'd suggest you to check some PC renders of the engines for Peace Walker, God of War, Dissidia or Gran Turismo on the PSP. The only real thing we've seen so far was Kid Icarus, which looks on par with the PSP. I have no doubt that they will have better looking titles as the time progress, but it's not far beyond the PSP "yet".

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Around the Network
aragod said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

Those screens might not be bullshots, but they are from tech demos. In other words: those are just to show of the rendering capabilities, there is no other process running behind that. Now add the stuff that makes a game game and the performance will drop massively. That's what makes the difference between 3D Mark and your actual game.

PSP suffers from the absence of anti-aliasing, if you added that, the top PSP titles would match most of what was shown here. I'd suggest you to check some PC renders of the engines for Peace Walker, God of War, Dissidia or Gran Turismo on the PSP. The only real thing we've seen so far was Kid Icarus, which looks on par with the PSP. I have no doubt that they will have better looking titles as the time progress, but it's not far beyond the PSP "yet".

No one knows the 3DS specs. So your argument is invalid sir.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

ClaudeLv250 said:

Well, the RE images are clearly doctored or come from a video, as there's lots of antialiasing. In MGS and KI you can see the jaggies, so those are probably more honest one - MGS looks better in this regard because of the toned down color palette.

I understand, though, that having one image per eye will create some antialiasing effect of its own, so the jaggy images could look even better in real life.

They already look better than everything I've seen on PSP, something like what a Wii could do on a 400x240x2 resolution.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

Christian973 said:
aragod said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

No one knows the 3DS specs. So your argument is invalid sir.

Care to elaborate more or your addition is a silly oneliner caught up somewhere on the interwebz?

The thing which is really amazed me is that all those stuff was hidden until the end of BigN conference... I know that Nintendo is good in keeping secrets, but how can they hide all those games from 3rd parties without a single leak on it??? That's just a miracle!

Kid Icarus is the only game that we have seen gameplay and it looked like normal PSP game.