By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LOVELY 3DS games screenshots collection!

sc94597 said:

I don't think the graphics, as of now, are comparable to the best the Wii has to offer. Maybe some lower-end games, but surely not the best. Looks somewhere between PS2 and Gamecube as of now. And yes the Wii is significantly better than both of them. I'm sure the best it can do will be comparable to Wii games, but definitely not an HD Console. There is just so much you can do with a handheld. Regardless, the investment is in 3d rather than raw performance. 

Somewhat off topic:  I wonder if there might be some Monster Hunter support for it if Sony takes too long getting a PSP2 out there. I wonder how well it would do. 

You really need to take another look at the RE games many screenshots.

Around the Network

Damn... this can easily turn into the best videogame system ever

*Notice I didn't say handheld.... I'm talking videogames in general*

superchunk said:
sc94597 said:

I don't think the graphics, as of now, are comparable to the best the Wii has to offer. Maybe some lower-end games, but surely not the best. Looks somewhere between PS2 and Gamecube as of now. And yes the Wii is significantly better than both of them. I'm sure the best it can do will be comparable to Wii games, but definitely not an HD Console. There is just so much you can do with a handheld. Regardless, the investment is in 3d rather than raw performance. 

Somewhat off topic:  I wonder if there might be some Monster Hunter support for it if Sony takes too long getting a PSP2 out there. I wonder how well it would do. 

It looks comparable with Darkside Chronicles. If it allows for free movement then I'd find it quite impressive. Otherwise it doesn't seem too out of the range of its capabilities if it does turn out to be comparable with the Wii  in a technical aspect. 

sc94597 said:
superchunk said:
sc94597 said:

It looks comparable with Darkside Chronicles. If it allows for free movement then I'd find it quite impressive. Otherwise it doesn't seem too out of the range of its capabilities if it does turn out to be comparable with the Wii  in a technical aspect. 

ok, DC was a rails game so it can be pimped out. But still, That's equal to one of the best Wii games. Personally, i think it looks better than DC, but meh.

HOLY SHIT!!

FUCK YEAH!!!!

Soooo damn excited!!!!

Around the Network

PSP2 doesn't exist so I don't know how it entered the discussion.

Anyways it's hard for me to assess the graphical capabilities of the 3DS because the visuals vary wildly from the games presented. I'm not entirely convinced that some of the higher end screens aren't bullshots. Kid Icarus si the only one I'm safe saying is at least representative of what the 3DS can do as it was built from the ground up, and it looks great. If everything here is real then 3DS is far beyond PSP in visuals.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Those RE screens are a cut scene. MG has Snake moving by himself on the enviroment and all but you can actually control the camera, so they should be a goo indication.

I do think the graphics on these games look nice, but they do look more like PS2 games, than Wii or certainly not PS3/360. The RE looks like a cutscene. he one that stood out to me is the Pilot Wings pic. The Island does not look near as sharp as in Wii Sports Resort. Maybe later games will approach Wii levels. The fact they look that good and are in 3d is very impressive though. Can't wait to try it out.

superchunk said:

Holy crap! Those rumors of better than Wii and approaching PS360 graphics are true.

I so buying this day one.

Sadly, I must disagree. Graphics in Kid Icarus video look on par with Wii (though they get jaggier due to lower res being scaled up on my LCD). Game may not be finished though, so mabye they will use some more anti aliasing when done. Other games also don't look any better than Wii to me, at least when viewed not in motion on my PC screen (which being an LCD will butcher non native res images).

3DS - 2277 - 6636 - 6675 WiiU - Vectorferret
(Write on wall or PM if adding)

damn...amazing list of games..I need to get a few more jobs to pay for all of em.

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"