By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LOVELY 3DS games screenshots collection!

aragod said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
aragod said:

If you want to compare the graphics, do so with Kid Icarus, the only real game that we've seen yet. Leave all tech demos and renders alone.

yeah thats what

these people are claiming PS360 graphics

I have no doubt that 3DS will have graphics beyond PSP, but HD consoles... that's wishfull thinking, not even those tech demos are anywhere near the HD console games and we all know that tech demos never represent the actual graphics achievable on the system.

now if they release it this year at sub $249 then it will be  NINTENDO would be sure gamemakers for next 10 years

Around the Network

uggg. I understand the implications what people are saying, but theres a lot excitement that's over some mistakes.

The 3DS has about PSP level  graphics. Some of the 3DS games look better than some PSP games and some look worse. They go above and below the range. Over time people will be able to figure how to make some fantastic looking 3DS games.

MGS:PW
(http://cache.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/155812_S/Metal-Gear-Solid-Peace-Walker.jpg)

The games looks about the same. They both look grainy. 3DS games do not equal Wii quality. They are good graphics, but people are over looking that the DPI is very good on the system. Take a much more analytical examination and techniques used in the various games. Watch some PSP demos too. There isn't much of a difference. 

SF4 as an example. There is a scene where Ryu is getting kicked by Cammy. Check out the background. The tables are in 3D rendered. Look at the fellow with the black pants and yellow shirt. He's a board. A board is a 2d image drawn on a flat surface. The entire background is a 2d image. Which means that they can focus 90% of the poly's on the fighters. Fighting games on PS2 look fantastic when it comes to the characters. Doing the same on the NGC Fighters looked even better. Check out Soul Calibur for the GC. There is no comparison of SF4 looking anywhere near as good as SC for GC.

3DS is closer to PSP/PS2. Still that's nothing to scoff. That's pretty darn impressive. It really is. I'm sure down the road 3DS games will be looking a lot more like mature PS2 games. Though even Kid Icarus didn't equal some mature PS2 games. But I was wowed by the DPI and texture polish of KH. Though DPI texture polish do not equal power.

Finally. There is NO PSP2 coming any time soon. Not even a new hardware : seriously for PSP it was a let down. All PSP got was a annoying teenager named Marcus. If anyone one could get me to stop using my PSP it would be Marcus. Secondly Sony outright claimed that there are no plans for the PSP line including PSP2 to have any 3D. So if PSP2 does get 3D it will be a follow move.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Mirson said:

Kingdom Hearts and Metal Gear Solid look incredible. Nintendo, please release the 3DS this year.

i believe they said it will be released this fiscal year, so march 2011 at latest it seems

Solid_Snake4RD said:
aragod said:

If you want to compare the graphics, do so with Kid Icarus, the only real game that we've seen yet. Leave all tech demos and renders alone.

yeah thats what

we aren't claiming those are ps360 graphics, we are saying that the devolopers who have had time to play with this and use dev kits or whatever have said the power is close to the ps360

so are we supposed to go off what we think each picture looks like for a quick demo of the 3D for spectators or what actual developers have to say it COULD do.

now that I look at it, the graphics look like XBOX/WII in some screens, while in others it looks about as good as PSP if not worse..

So confusing.. when are the specs coming out for this thing!

mM
Around the Network

btw the kingdom hearts screens are not from the 3DS game, they are just placed there according to Nomura, though the game should rival Birth by sleep visuals.

mM
irstupid said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
aragod said:

yeah thats what

we aren't claiming those are ps360 graphics, we are saying that the devolopers who have had time to play with this and use dev kits or whatever have said the power is close to the ps360

so are we supposed to go off what we think each picture looks like for a quick demo of the 3D for spectators or what actual developers have to say it COULD do.

nobody has said its close to PS360 visuals.. it was a rumor, clearly its not even close to PS360 visuals.. as some are target renders, while the true in game screens look like something between DS and PSP.

mM
aragod said:
superchunk said:
sc94597 said:

I don't think the graphics, as of now, are comparable to the best the Wii has to offer. Maybe some lower-end games, but surely not the best. Looks somewhere between PS2 and Gamecube as of now. And yes the Wii is significantly better than both of them. I'm sure the best it can do will be comparable to Wii games, but definitely not an HD Console. There is just so much you can do with a handheld. Regardless, the investment is in 3d rather than raw performance. 

Somewhat off topic:  I wonder if there might be some Monster Hunter support for it if Sony takes too long getting a PSP2 out there. I wonder how well it would do. 

You really need to take another look at the RE games many screenshots.

Things tend to look better on smaller screens rather than large ones. It's crisper and you can't see the detail, which does all the difference on big screen.

I would have to know some specifications about the 3DS technical capabilities. They say it looks close to HD consoles, that's a little too far fetched. I'd say having IPhone capabilities is more likely, so SFIV on Iphone should look similar to SFIV on 3DS, that means we are approaching the Wii. So possible RE4 port or PS2 ports are likely to happend.

But no way it comes even close to HD, best Wii games are miles away from looking like the average HD title and 3DS having something that could approach or even challange Killzone 3, Uncharted 2 or God of War 3 is just silly thinking.

Bolded is exactly my point. I would never claim its as powerful as the PS360, just that it will eventually have similar output due to lower power needs of a smaller screen.

i think you are mixing some DS games with 3DS games. (like Sims 3) , also think some of them are fake , they don't look professional.

what is officlal though looks great (kid icarus!!), its graphical capabilities are close to those of the PSP, so we will probably see a lot of multiplats, i'm also glad they added an analog as well, some games just need it badly.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Rath said:

You should comment on the best ones, not the worst. Heck there are some Wii games that look as bad as N64 games.

Metal Gear is an accurate indication of the best graphics in the first batch of games as it was rendered in the engine (you could move the camera).

Actually, it's a good indication of an alpha build of the first batch, as it was put togheter for E3.

It was said during an Iwata Asks that this is the most powerfull handheld ever, so above PSP is a given.

Also, here's it in motion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQdc60KhNgc