By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Wii-k in review

See I was thinking that... but is Kid Icarus a franchise? It's only had the one game, then the one gameboy game nobody has heard about.

Also to further iterate on Earthbound... Seriously just play it if you can endurance. People argue who will be the king of RPGs this generation... It doesn't matter.

The SNES is still the king of RPGS.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
See I was thinking that... but is Kid Icarus a franchise? It's only had the one game, then the one gameboy game nobody has heard about.

Also to further iterate on Earthbound... Seriously just play it if you can endurance. People argue who will be the king of RPGs this generation... It doesn't matter.

The SNES is still the king of RPGS.

2 games in one IP do equal a franchise, and the Gameboy game was actually pretty good.

Can you think of any other old Nintendo made franchises that have been dead at least 2 generations?

endurance said:
takeru51 said:
http://www.nintendopedia.org/index.php?title=Franchise_articles

On second thought, looking at that list, I'm actually guessing Earthbound.

was earthbound any good

Yes. In my opinion it was an amazing game. One of the best and most original rpg's ever.

I doubt it's earthbound they're talking about though. I wish it was. Probably a back to roots Donkey Kong. I don't think that many people would get too excited for Kid Icarus. I sure would though.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

I'm certain it's either a complete Donkey Kong plataformer or Wave Race.

Luigi's Mansion anyone?

Nick said:
endurance said:
takeru51 said:
http://www.nintendopedia.org/index.php?title=Franchise_articles

On second thought, looking at that list, I'm actually guessing Earthbound.

was earthbound any good

Yes. In my opinion it was an amazing game. One of the best and most original rpg's ever.

I doubt it's earthbound they're talking about though. I wish it was. Probably a back to roots Donkey Kong. I don't think that many people would get too excited for Kid Icarus. I sure would though.

I doubt it's Donkey Kong, because they said you wouldn't appreciate it if you've only been gaming a few generations.  Donkey Kong has certainly been big within that time frame (DK64, DK Jungle Beat, DKC 1,2, and 3).

Around the Network
fazz said:
I'm certain it's either a complete Donkey Kong plataformer or Wave Race.

Luigi's Mansion anyone?

See my reply to Nick as to why it's neither.

Nintendogs for the Wii. It will end up being the best selling Wii game by a large margin.

Punch Out!!! Please.

Deegan said:
Punch Out!!! Please.

That's an option I suppose, although Boxing games don't work well with motion controls and IGN has been pretty explicit about their general hatred of the idea of more boxing games on the Wii, so I doubt they would hype one.

Starfox would be the greatest game ever!!! I gotta say starfox 64 beats any other game out there. Well maybe it doesnt beat Zelda. Was I the only person who replayed that game like 50 times?