By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Wii-k in review

i hate when they allude to something big coming but don't tell you what it is. While it's fun to speculate, I feel like I never hear the result of these rumors.

Around the Network
souixan said:
Schwarz said:
DK Jump 'n Run,F-Zero or maybe Pikmin

except he said revived... and Pikmin and F-zero were on Game cube meaning not dead... My money is on Kid Icarus but then... I doubt it based on the "Anybody over 12" comment. Killer instinct(it's Rare though...), Pilotwings and Waverace are all I can really think that didn't appear on cube but did appear on N64 and prior.

I'm pretty sure there was a Wave Race on the Gamecube... Cuzz i've got one copy lying right here!

It's called Wave race: Blue storm.

EDIT: My feeling says its Kid Icarus.

Why: The main character appears in full 3D in SSB:B. Miyamoto said he'd make it if Matt (from IGN) wanted it. That was just a joke back then but i think there's something serious in it.

THE NETHERLANDS

I'd go with Kid Icarus.

But i'd love a new Starfox space shooter. I've been without a good one of those since Rogue Squadron 3!

It doesnt get any darker than Kid Icarus. Any time I hear the Reaper Man music, I run away hiding under my bed.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

i immedately thought of EarthBound but looks like it im not the only one.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Bod can you add the link to your OP for people? (ie my lazy arse)

To Each Man, Responsibility
Lost tears of Kain said:
i would cry from happiness if its the next ogre battle

Ditto. 

Dang edit, Earthbound is probably one of the 5 best RPGS on the SNES, and the SNES just had 3 RPGS make it in IGN's top 100.

Earthbound likely should of been there as well.

endurance said:
takeru51 said:
http://www.nintendopedia.org/index.php?title=Franchise_articles

On second thought, looking at that list, I'm actually guessing Earthbound.

was earthbound any good

Earthbound never died.  MOTHER 3 was released on the GBA last gen, but never made it to America.  Let me give you more details than Bod did:

They said it will excite people who've been gaming for a long time.  This means it's probably an NES franchise that died, not one that still had games made a generation ago (Ogre Battle, MOTHER or Earthbound to you who don't know what series Earthbound is from).

They said it's being made on the Wii, and by a big Nintendo developer.  Nintendo never developed Ogre Battle, so Ogre Battle is out (and yes, I want Ogre Battle badly as well).

So, what big Nintendo studios have unknown projects going?  Well, there is one big one that comes to mind:  Retro.  They told us they are working on 2 very large Wii projects and neither of them is Metroid.  A big returning classic franchise would be most likely right?  

As for the franchise itself, I'm very confident it's Kid Icarus.  They said it was big to people who have been gaming a long time.  Check.  They said it was a game people have been asking for a sequel to.  Check.  They said it's a game that hasn't been made in a long time.  Check.   

So, conclusion:  Kid Icarus, being developed by Retro. 

naznatips said:
endurance said:
takeru51 said:
http://www.nintendopedia.org/index.php?title=Franchise_articles

On second thought, looking at that list, I'm actually guessing Earthbound.

was earthbound any good

Earthbound never died.  MOTHER 3 was released on the GBA last gen, but never made it to America.  Let me give you more details than Bod did:

They said it will excite people who've been gaming for a long time.  This means it's probably an NES franchise that died, not one that still had games made a generation ago (Ogre Battle, MOTHER or Earthbound to you who don't know what series Earthbound is from).

They said it's being made on the Wii, and by a big Nintendo developer.  Nintendo never developed Ogre Battle, so Ogre Battle is out (and yes, I want Ogre Battle badly as well).

So, what big Nintendo studios have unknown projects going?  Well, there is one big one that comes to mind:  Retro.  They told us they are working on 2 very large Wii projects and neither of them is Metroid.  A big returning classic franchise would be most likely right?  

As for the franchise itself, I'm very confident it's Kid Icarus.  They said it was big to people who have been gaming a long time.  Check.  They said it was a game people have been asking for a sequel to.  Check.  They said it's a game that hasn't been made in a long time.  Check.   

So, conclusion:  Kid Icarus, being developed by Retro. 

shivers down my spine *sigh * that would be nice

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.