By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Wii-k in review

naznatips said:
The Ogre series would be a great return and fairly likely considering the timing for the games in the series and the fact that we just recently had an RPG magazine rumor suggesting it.

Also, as much as I love Chrono Trigger, I don't expect a sequel anytime soon. Also, if it was Chrono Trigger, they would have been a LOT more excited. Like jumping out of their chairs screaming haha.

They were amazingly excited though :x

As in "this will blow you away" type of excited :p 

Still, I think Ogre Battle is the most likely. More than anything, I wanted to point out that the game seemed to bve seemed to be something that WAS on Nintendo consoles, then left for other pastures, and is returning. Just based on the way they worded it, that seems most likely. 

They didn't just say: "A franchise we haven't seen for a while," but "A game returning to Nintendo consoles." That choice of wording could be accidental, but in my experience, people usually use specific wording for a reason, even when speaking quickly.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

Rath, MOTHER 3 game out in freaking 2006. It's been a year and a half. How the hell is that a dead franchise?

http://au.gameboy.ign.com/articles/704/704589p1.html

Bodhesatva said:
naznatips said:
The Ogre series would be a great return and fairly likely considering the timing for the games in the series and the fact that we just recently had an RPG magazine rumor suggesting it.

Also, as much as I love Chrono Trigger, I don't expect a sequel anytime soon. Also, if it was Chrono Trigger, they would have been a LOT more excited. Like jumping out of their chairs screaming haha.

Still, I think Ogre Battle is the most likely. More than anything, I wanted to point out that the game seemed to bve seemed to be something that WAS on Nintendo consoles, then left for other pastures, and is returning. Just based on the way they worded it, that seems most likely. 

They didn't just say: "A franchise we haven't seen for a while," but "A game returning to Nintendo consoles." That choice of wording could be accidental, but in my experience, people usually use specific wording for a reason, even when speaking quickly.  

Well the last Ogre series game was actually on the GBA :X

So, uhm.... who else thinks that Street Fighter 4 matches the criteria here?

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

alpha_dk said:
So, uhm.... who else thinks that Street Fighter 4 matches the criteria here?

I think you are probably right.. but I'm still hoping for Kid Icarus.

Around the Network

I'm going with StarFox (he said something like I "Command you not to tell them" and the reply was "Thats not even funny" Which really really sounds like a ref to StarFox Command.

I think it's being made by Retro, because they are not working on another metriod at the moment.  (ok ok..really it's because thats the only studio I know the name of )

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Bodhesatva said:

I just had a sudden thought that immediately seemed VERY likely: Tactics Ogre/Ogre Battle.

Who would be excited about that?  Well except me.   Seems like it'd need to be bigger.  I don't think it'd blow anyone away.

Chrono Trigger... will just get the Final Fantasy treatment I'm surprised Chrono Cross got shoehorned into the Chrono Trigger main story.

So while possible, not interested.

I wonder if it's a franchise that used to be on Nintendo systems, left during the PS1/PS2 era... and are now migrating back to the Wii.  What big franchises did that?

naznatips said:
Bodhesatva said:
naznatips said:

Well the last Ogre series game was actually on the GBA :X

Not to mention the PS1 games were just SNES ports.

Kasz216 said:
Bodhesatva said:

I just had a sudden thought that immediately seemed VERY likely: Tactics Ogre/Ogre Battle.

Who would be excited about that?  Well except me.   Seems like it'd need to be bigger.  I don't think it'd blow anyone away.

Chrono Trigger... will just get the Final Fantasy treatment I'm surprised Chrono Cross got shoehorned into the Chrono Trigger main story.

So while possible, not interested.

I wonder if it's a franchise that used to be on Nintendo systems, left during the PS1/PS2 era... and are now migrating back to the Wii.  What big franchises did that?

Street Fighter would be the obvious answer, but those graphics aren't within Wii hardware capabilities.

Vengi said:
I'm going with StarFox (he said something like I "Command you not to tell them" and the reply was "Thats not even funny" Which really really sounds like a ref to StarFox Command.

I think it's being made by Retro, because they are not working on another metriod at the moment. (ok ok..really it's because thats the only studio I know the name of )

Lets see.. based off Command.

Captain Commando?

Wing Commander?