By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
solidarii said:
naznatips said:
albionus said:
Scratch that, I'm not quite done with it yet. Here is a list of N64 and SNES games that were popular to some extent but haven't had sequels:

N64

Pilotwings
Blast Corps
Jet Force Gemini
DK Country

SNES

Actraiser
Chrono Trigger
Earthbound
Mario Paint
Punch Out (apparantly ruled out by Matt according the IGN boards)

So add it to my previous NES list and that is pretty much what we are looking at here. How much gamers are demanding each franchise or which would get Matt and Bozon so excited I won't argue. I'll just end with that I think the three main possibilities are

1) Retro making Kid Icarus
2) Factor 5 making Pilotwings
3) Monolith making Earthbound

It's definitely not Earthbound.  Again, the franchise is STILL GOING.  It also wouldn't be made by Monolith, because Earthbound is still made by HAL and EAD.  Why the hell would they switch developers?

It's Not Earthbound.

There.  

Other than that, it seems Kid Icarus is probably too old.  There are way too many 3rd party franchises out there for me to guess much.

Oh, and solidarii, Pilotwings is not comming to the Wii, and I hope to god you aren't dumb enough to preorder something because it's on Gamespot.  They invent games constantly then just steal your money.

Um, that is not Gamespot, that is Gamestop...

And Gamestop(not Gamespot) does not invent games and does not steal people's money. I have worked for them before and I currently have friends that are managers at some of their locations. They never post a product online that is not real...

Yes, they do invent games on their websit.  They have done so for years, and they'll just keep the game on there and keep shifting the date up.  I'm sorry you worked for such a corrupt organization, but the fact is Gamestop knows shit about games and constantly uploads nonexistent games with bullshit release dates to get pre-order money for games that will never be made.  

Around the Network
naznatips said:
solidarii said:
naznatips said:
albionus said:
Scratch that, I'm not quite done with it yet. Here is a list of N64 and SNES games that were popular to some extent but haven't had sequels:

N64

Pilotwings
Blast Corps
Jet Force Gemini
DK Country

SNES

Actraiser
Chrono Trigger
Earthbound
Mario Paint
Punch Out (apparantly ruled out by Matt according the IGN boards)

So add it to my previous NES list and that is pretty much what we are looking at here. How much gamers are demanding each franchise or which would get Matt and Bozon so excited I won't argue. I'll just end with that I think the three main possibilities are

1) Retro making Kid Icarus
2) Factor 5 making Pilotwings
3) Monolith making Earthbound

It's definitely not Earthbound.  Again, the franchise is STILL GOING.  It also wouldn't be made by Monolith, because Earthbound is still made by HAL and EAD.  Why the hell would they switch developers?

It's Not Earthbound.

There.  

Other than that, it seems Kid Icarus is probably too old.  There are way too many 3rd party franchises out there for me to guess much.

Oh, and solidarii, Pilotwings is not comming to the Wii, and I hope to god you aren't dumb enough to preorder something because it's on Gamespot.  They invent games constantly then just steal your money.

Um, that is not Gamespot, that is Gamestop...

And Gamestop(not Gamespot) does not invent games and does not steal people's money. I have worked for them before and I currently have friends that are managers at some of their locations. They never post a product online that is not real...

Yes, they do invent games on their websit.  They have done so for years, and they'll just keep the game on there and keep shifting the date up.  I'm sorry you worked for such a corrupt organization, but the fact is Gamestop knows shit about games and constantly uploads nonexistent games with bullshit release dates to get pre-order money for games that will never be made.  

I don't know exactly what your problem is, but Gamestop does not steal money from anyone. If you preorder a game you can get your money back at any time. I have been a customer of theirs since Funcoland days(if you even are old enough to know what Funcoland is).

naznatips said:

It's definitely not Earthbound. Again, the franchise is STILL GOING. It also wouldn't be made by Monolith, because Earthbound is still made by HAL and EAD. Why the hell would they switch developers?

It's Not Earthbound.

There.

Other than that, it seems Kid Icarus is probably too old. There are way too many 3rd party franchises out there for me to guess much.

Oh, and solidarii, Pilotwings is not comming to the Wii, and I hope to god you aren't dumb enough to preorder something because it's on Gamespot. They invent games constantly then just steal your money.

Earthbound is a dead franchise, just more recently than they were implying. The thing I linked earlier stated that the guy is not making any more Mother games.

Oh and battletoads Wii anybody? =O 

solidarii said:

I don't know exactly what your problem is, but Gamestop does not steal money from anyone. If you preorder a game you can get your money back at any time. I have been a customer of theirs since Funcoland days(if you even are old enough to know what Funcoland is).

I'm 21, and I've been a customer since it was Funcoland, EB Games, and finally Gamestop as well.  Now, since you don't seem to believe they make up games, allow me to give you some of Gamestop's current shameful examples:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=T000562 (nonexistent)
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=T000515 (this was officially put on indeffinite hold)
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=t000382 (No confirmation this game even exists past a random statement by a developer with no evidence)
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=270109 (Pricing for this game is unnanounced and will not be $60)
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=200383 (PC only)

and it's gone now but before they got a flood of complaints they had MGS4 360 up there.  They also used to have Final Fantasy VII up for PS3.

So no, Gamestop's website information is far from credible and full of bullshit to get people to preorder games that will never show up.  Yeah, they'll refund your money, but why are they putting false information out there to bait people out of their money in the first place?  There is nothing credible about Gamestop website information, and if you don't want to be taken seriously, don't site them as a source for a game's existence.  Ever.

Rath, MOTHER 3 game out in freaking 2006.  It's been a year and a half.  How the hell is that a dead franchise?

I still think it's going to be Pilotwings. They said that people would be surprised by who was developing the game. Factor 5 might be surprising to people because they "parted ways" with Nintendo a few years back. Also, when Matt contacted the founder (I don't have his name off-hand) shortly after the release of Lair, he expressed great interest in working with Nintendo again. It also fills Bozon's "kids over, like 12" statement. However, I think the GameStop link is faulty.

Around the Network

I like the Mega Man theory with Retro Studies as the developer I mean do we even have to say what they did with the Metroid series.

Sm4ckd0wn said:
I still think it's going to be Pilotwings. They said that people would be surprised by who was developing the game. Factor 5 might be surprising to people because they "parted ways" with Nintendo a few years back. Also, when Matt contacted the founder (I don't have his name off-hand) shortly after the release of Lair, he expressed great interest in working with Nintendo again. It also fills Bozon's "kids over, like 12" statement. However, I think the GameStop link is faulty.

I agree that Pilotwings is a very real possibility, but Gamestop is not the place to find out about it.

I just had a sudden thought that immediately seemed VERY likely: Tactics Ogre/Ogre Battle.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Has Chrono Trigger been mentioned yet? They said the franchise was "returning to Nintendo consoles..." which could simply mean that it's been gone for a while, but more likely suggests it's a game that was on Nintendo systems in the NES/SNES era, left, and is coming back.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

The Ogre series would be a great return and fairly likely considering the timing for the games in the series and the fact that we just recently had an RPG magazine rumor suggesting it.

Also, as much as I love Chrono Trigger, I don't expect a sequel anytime soon. Also, if it was Chrono Trigger, they would have been a LOT more excited. Like jumping out of their chairs screaming haha.