By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Famitsu's Coverage of the Wii Fit Launch

it begins!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

Looks like the game did sell well, keep in mind it is a casual game not all consumers buy it on day one. I´m curious what the numbers will look like...

gawalls said:
cant help but wonder if the Wii board is gonna be supported just by Nintnedo with the bundled software alone or do they have an overall Wii Health package in mind.

Perhaps this is just to get people used to the board and they'll be software that will use both the board ad the wii motes, either way it's good to see it looks like it'll have some level of success - is this is Wii's version of brain training? time will tell!!

I think the launch of the wii ware channel (or whatever its called now) will be idel for this, developers dont need to make a full game thats enough for a retail dvd package situation, they can make a small concept exclusivly for the wii board with alot less risk and costs. 

Entroper said:
Now I completely understand the Japanese gaming market. The family with the customers want! No wonder their shopping habits are so different. Wii fit release date, the pattern is! DUH. I should've thought of that.

haha lol

Entroper said:
Now I completely understand the Japanese gaming market. The family with the customers want! No wonder their shopping habits are so different. Wii fit release date, the pattern is! DUH. I should've thought of that.

That made me lol... A lot.

Well great for Ninty that Wii Fit sells in Japan... It is so unpredictable these days, it's hard to know what will sky rocket and what will crash. 

Around the Network
gawalls said:
cant help but wonder if the Wii board is gonna be supported just by Nintnedo with the bundled software alone or do they have an overall Wii Health package in mind.

Perhaps this is just to get people used to the board and they'll be software that will use both the board ad the wii motes, either way it's good to see it looks like it'll have some level of success - is this is Wii's version of brain training? time will tell!!

well i think another company is using the board for a sports game,but i cant remember the name

Does anyone know how many copies Nintendo pushed out for it's launch?

ioi do you mean huge as in 'Launch sales'?

Or huge as in 'this is just the beginning'.

This had better not sell more than SMG first week sales... Not because it isn't good, but all everyone is going to be whining about is how the Wii is "casual"

Yes, it would make my entire quality of life explode if Wii Fit sells well.

DMeisterJ said:
This had better not sell more than SMG first week sales... Not because it isn't good, but all everyone is going to be whining about is how the Wii is "casual"

Who cares what someone might think or say ?

This is a revolution

Nintendo is riding the social trend ... 

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.