By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Famitsu's Coverage of the Wii Fit Launch

So much for the PS3 outselling the Wii in Japan I guess.

Around the Network

I find it funny that people don't understand the Japanese market yet, they are ahead of the curve, for the most part the country has become very "nongamer"/casual gamer oriented, there is more gamer drift over there, the big sales for games like FF and DQ, etc are the last vestiges of the old, the remaining, die hards who are huge fans of those series, but the big future is in more nongamer fare that appeals to the wider market

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

John is right???!

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Here some videos about WiiFit session from gamersyde :

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_5591_en.html

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

kirby007 said:
John is right???!

Probably right that it will be a huge success, but since they didn't ship more than a few hundred K he probably won't be right about the sales of Wii fit beating Halo 3 in its first week

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

ismael said:
FJ-Warez said:
ismael said:
there are different versions of wii fit??, if you look at the one which have tha guy with the orange jacket, it looks much bigger that the other 2

Maybe he is "small"...

@ Onna, agree, now they have the system, I hope they want some games too...specially the good ones...

look at the arms of the guys, his arms can't be that small

I definitely see it. I mean, you see the girl behind him in that pic. She'd have to be TINY to be smaller than him, if that box is the same size.

I'm going to guess one of two things. Either it's a special WiiFit + Wii package or it's a WiiFit + 2 BB package. Most likely the latter.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Love that soccer game. Can't wait.

thetonestarr said:
ismael said:
FJ-Warez said:
ismael said:
there are different versions of wii fit??, if you look at the one which have tha guy with the orange jacket, it looks much bigger that the other 2

Maybe he is "small"...

@ Onna, agree, now they have the system, I hope they want some games too...specially the good ones...

look at the arms of the guys, his arms can't be that small

I definitely see it. I mean, you see the girl behind him in that pic. She'd have to be TINY to be smaller than him, if that box is the same size.

I'm going to guess one of two things. Either it's a special WiiFit + Wii package or it's a WiiFit + 2 BB package. Most likely the latter.

Looks like the picture was shot with a wide-angle lens. I think it's just distorted because he's holding it forward from his body so that the game looks bigger and everything behind it looks smaller than it should. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

O my I haven't seen the newest videos this is going to sell like John Lucas thanks it will damn