By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Famitsu's Coverage of the Wii Fit Launch

The successor of Washimul is here. Sadly.

Around the Network

I hope this does well. 3rd parties can lineup to make WiiFit games instead of making AAA games to flop in Japan. Nintendo only going to reap what they sow, hardcore games don't sell, casual games do. The answer for 3rd parties is there.

Girl Gamer Elite said:
A renewed hatred for the Wii by hardcores. This delights me.

Me too.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

You can tell they're worried as the frequency of bashing increases.

Personally, I am all for the Wii Fit. I hope when Square Enix utilizes it for its new RPG that the RPG helps me lose weight as well as truly entertain me. A lot of people say they don't want to get sweaty while playing a game but I think if you got to exercise you may as well have some fun with it. I don't like running bike trails or communing with nature, I don't like gyms, and exercise at home is easily put-off for- VIDEO GAMES. So I thinkwhy not combine the 2?
Everybody is talking about US adults and US kids being fat so why not help them lose weight. Tell the self-deemed HardCore to go buy an 360 and a PS3 if they don't like it! The more options we have the better gaaming gets- EVOLVE or DIE of boredom!

Around the Network

I think that if you can use the Wii Fit and the Wii- mote in conjunction with one another it will make some interesting control schemes in a first person shooter.

You can do all of your straphing an leaning from their.

Actually, my PS3 launch vs. Wii Fit launch was just saying that a big launch doesn't necessarily equal long term success.

But there's no arguing that Wii Fit will be a different case.

I think that once Wiifit is released in North America, it will be sold out until mid 2009. Anyone else think this?

Also is Wiifit coming before SSBB in NA?

Astrodust said:
I think that once Wiifit is released in North America, it will be sold out until mid 2009. Anyone else think this?

Once the media latches on, very, very likely

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)