By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Famitsu's Coverage of the Wii Fit Launch

MontanaHatchet said:
Actually, my PS3 launch vs. Wii Fit launch was just saying that a big launch doesn't necessarily equal long term success.

But there's no arguing that Wii Fit will be a different case.

You were trolling the PS3 and Wii Fit at the same time? Wow. Achievement unlocked.

Around the Network

So does anyone know the release date?

johnlucas said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
A renewed hatred for the Wii by hardcores. This delights me.

Me too.

John Lucas

"It's good but it's not Mario good. I'm disappointed in the Japanese gaming public. This will sell long term as always but they slept on this title. Fools! I never usually second guess a region buying preferences but I have to make an exception in this case. FOOLS!! Mario Party 8 & Mario Party DS matching up with the mainline franchise in the series???? Those are the spinoffs! Super Mario Galaxy is the mainline of the whole franchise for God's sake!

America & Europe will avenge your disrespecting, Super Mario Galaxy. Hopefully the Japanese will realize the error of their ways sooner than later."

I'm sorry John, but that quote just does not get old! Ba ha ha ha ha!!

Now, I have two points to say:

1. There has never been a console this hated by the hardcore since the Playstation. People were skeptical of it, sure, but it blew the console world away and changed it forever. Nintendo and Sega fanboys complained endlessly,

"I'VE BEEN PLAYING VIDEOGAMES SINCE PONG!" "I HATE THIS NEW GENERATION OF GAMERS!" THEY ARE NOT TEH HARDCOREZ!!!" 

But Sony and the Playstation changed gaming forever. And the Wii might not be on the same level, or it might even pass the Playstation, who knows! But still, the point is, gaming is going to change, and nothing can change that. It might happen differently than we think it will, but it's going to happen.

2. JohnLucas, stop hating what you are. You ARE an elitist, and you ARE a hardcore. And there's nothing wrong with that. You've been playing videogames for, I'm guessing, nearly 30 years, and that makes you hardcore no matter what you say. Don't deny who you are. 

Double post

Ah Montana, can we count you as one of those worried about Wiifit. Your anger delights me, and your feigned confidence is more than ample indication of your fear of the Wii's success.

My condolences to your views on what gaming should be.

Around the Network
Girl Gamer Elite said:
Ah Montana, can we count you as one of those worried about Wiifit. Your anger delights me, and your feigned confidence is more than ample indication of your fear of the Wii's success.

My condolences to your views on what gaming should be.

...What?

You're just trying to annoy me now. 

So back on topic. When is Wiifit coming out in NA?

Astrodust said:
So back on topic. When is Wiifit coming out in NA?

Hasn't been announced yet.

Which would make me think that Nintendo is waiting to see the results in Japan first. 

Nah, they probably want to up the weight limits on the board for NA, lol

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Nah, they probably want to up the weight limits on the board for NA, lol

That actually could be part of it ...

To ensure that a balance board is strong enough to support a (very heavy) 250lbs Japaneese person jumping on it is quite a bit different than ensuring the balance board is strong enough to support a (very heavy) 400lbs American person jumping on it.