By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GoldenEye 007 confirmed for Wii?

Details incoming:

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/impressionsArt.cfm?artid=23319

BAD NEWS: Classic Controller supported (hopefully not exclusively), doesn't really do anything new.

GOOD NEWS: Oddjob CAN throw his hat (R button).

"

Just to be clear, the new Goldeneye 007 is a brand new game. It is heavily inspired and has a ridiculous number of homages to the original, but the content is new. I spent countless nights playing multiplayer with my friends on the N64 Goldeneye, and the new title's multiplayer has a very similar feel.

The level on display was called Archives, and I participated in a couple of matches of 4 player split-screen deathmatch. Weapons availble included the trusty AK-47, the P99 pistol, and grenades. The demo was using the Classic Controller Pro and gameplay felt very solid using it. Using a familar FPS layout, The ZR button was the gun trigger, and aiming was controlled with the right analog stick.

The game honestly controlled, looked, and felt a lot like Rare's title. When a player dies, blood drips down the screen, and when a match is over the game gives each player accolades like Most Deadly. The Archives map looked a lot like the 64 map of the same name with a different layout. There were a few hallways and staircases to run around, and a good amount of boxes and things to duck behind. The playable characters included Jaws, Oddjob, and Trevelyan.

Unlike the original, Oddjob can throw his hat using the R button. Graphically, the game is a bit weak. It actually looks a little too much like the original. While the game didn't really seem to be doing anything new for an FPS, it certainly feels like Goldeneye."

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
freebs2 said:

F@#$§!! I hate those mechanics...why they can't make games whit health no more????

Excellent question.   It probably makes it easier for developers in terms of level design or something, but it also makes the game less fun for the player (in my opinion).

Well, I'm not a fan of this either, but it may be somewhat minimized in this game as 1) If enemys find you and you take too long to take them out, more will come. 2) Heard enemys won't be as passive all the time. And, mainly, 3) Your cover will be destroyed, so there'll be no time to cower behind something and wait your health to crawl back up.

"BAD NEWS: Classic Controller supported (hopefully not exclusively), doesn't really do anything new."

It's an option. So calling that bad news is way off.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

RolStoppable said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

"BAD NEWS: Classic Controller supported (hopefully not exclusively), doesn't really do anything new."

It's an option. So calling that bad news is way off.

You are taking this whole thing way too far.

I'm just pointing out it's not bad news to point out an option. The guy thought it was the only kind of control.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Regenerating health? Hmmm... So it's GoldenEye 007 2 I see, not a remake.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Regenerating health? Hmmm... So it's GoldenEye 007 2 I see, not a remake.

Wouldn't that make it Goldeneye 007 3? EA also once tried to cash in on the famous name.

Wait, I don't remember that?

*EDIT: Oh nvm, I remember Rogue Agent.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

LordTheNightKnight said:

I'm just pointing out it's not bad news to point out an option. The guy thought it was the only kind of control.

I can assure you that the guy did not, in fact, think that.

superchunk said:

While the game was absolutely awesome in solo and especially multiplayer, I just don't know if I want to relive it again.

This is kinda my feeling but when the music kicks in I know I won't be able to resist.

noname2200 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

I can assure you that the guy did not, in fact, think that.

It does say "BAD NEWS: Classic Controller supported (hopefully not exclusively), doesn't really do anything new.", so not his fault :P

Farmageddon said:

It does say "BAD NEWS: Classic Controller supported (hopefully not exclusively), doesn't really do anything new.", so not his fault :P

Oh, so it does.

My bad!  Dunno what I was thinking.  Sorry folks!