By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GoldenEye 007 confirmed for Wii?

Yea the graphics on the character models  are not that detailed, but if there are many outside effects and such, along with a steady framerate, I don't give damn.

Bring it on!

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
SaviorX said:

Yea the graphics on the character models  are not that detailed, but if there are many outside effects and such, along with a steady framerate, I don't give damn.

Bring it on!

And if the gameplay is as good as Conduit and MWR. We already know there will be local multiplayer, so those other things would make this game kick ass.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

SaviorX said:

Bring it on!

Another thing I'd love to see that the "sub-optimal" graphics might allow: Online multiplayer WITH local splitscreen. At least 2, but a full 4 would be amazing.

I can't wait!

The only problem I find with remakes is that no matter when they are made, your first reaction is "I wish it was on the next system with the pinnacle of graphics".

Linkzmax said:
SaviorX said:

Bring it on!

Another thing I'd love to see that the "sub-optimal" graphics might allow: Online multiplayer WITH local splitscreen. At least 2, but a full 4 would be amazing.

That would be OD but I hope its happening

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
Linkzmax said:
SaviorX said:

Bring it on!

If Grand Theft Auto should have taught us anything, it's that scale versus graphics means scale should take priority.

EDIT: And scale includes things like multiplayer, as those areas have to adjust the graphics to make room for all the players.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

LordTheNightKnight said:
SaviorX said:
Linkzmax said:
SaviorX said:

Bring it on!

If Grand Theft Auto should have taught us anything, it's that scale versus graphics means scale should take priority.

EDIT: And scale includes things like multiplayer, as those areas have to adjust the graphics to make room for all the players.

Hmm, I guess the graphics aren't good enough. I showed my brother the trailer last night, and the first thing he said was, "Is that the best the Wii has to offer?"

I explained that the scale, outside effects, and a steady framerate would detract from the characters looks, and graphics aren't the point anyway, but he said that was bullshit, and "I'll pass".

We got into a 3 hour argument where I pretty much told him how much of a graphic whore he became and stuff, and he said that he blames Nintendo for not having a seal of quality, and he's tired of waiting for 3rd parties to show up. Also, we agreed that Fire Emblem was too hard for him to play and that the 360 "satisfies him" Ugh. The only thing the Wii doesn't have that 360 and PS3 don't is an extremely large plethora of shooters. We got into the graphic>gameplay debate and he wanted Batman, and Wolverine, and other stuff which at that point I was sick of hearing. "Wii only has Mario games...I'm not interested in these 23 franchises...gameplay without graphics is useless."

After it was all said and done, I told him to never ask for original content again when all he wants to play are some fuckin shooters. Nintendo's E3 today has taken on more significance today to me because of this haha

SaviorX said:

Hmm, I guess the graphics aren't good enough. I showed my brother the trailer last night, and the first thing he said was, "Is that the best the Wii has to offer?"

I explained that the scale, outside effects, and a steady framerate would detract from the characters looks, and graphics aren't the point anyway, but he said that was bullshit, and "I'll pass".

We got into a 3 hour argument where I pretty much told him how much of a graphic whore he became and stuff, and he said that he blames Nintendo for not having a seal of quality, and he's tired of waiting for 3rd parties to show up. Also, we agreed that Fire Emblem was too hard for him to play and that the 360 "satisfies him" Ugh. The only thing the Wii doesn't have that 360 and PS3 don't is an extremely large plethora of shooters. We got into the graphic>gameplay debate and he wanted Batman, and Wolverine, and other stuff which at that point I was sick of hearing. "Wii only has Mario games...I'm not interested in these 23 franchises...gameplay without graphics is useless."

After it was all said and done, I told him to never ask for original content again when all he wants to play are some fuckin shooters. Nintendo's E3 today has taken on more significance today to me because of this haha

I say Nintendo hasn't abandoned the core. They've abandoned those kinds of people. Those kinds of people supported the things that ran comics into the ground. They support things that make games take longer and cost more without the sales increase needed to make up for that.

LordTheNightKnight said:
SaviorX said:

I say Nintendo hasn't abandoned the core. They've abandoned those kinds of people. Those kinds of people supported the things that ran comics into the ground. They support things that make games take longer and cost more without the sales increase needed to make up for that.

He said the Wii was too much of a risk, that's why games with 2 year development times should NOT be happening on the console. "There are no demos, so I don't know what I'm buying is quality." The "hardcore gamers that need to be satisfied" are a poisonous bunch. I never realized that he became so close-minded. Its like he absorbed every "We are hardcore" mantra that the insutry ever presented to him. His main complaint for Fire Emblem was that " I don't wanna sit in front of a screen for 2 1/2 hours on one mission, and permadeath is too much for me to handle". Mind you, this is after he played COD online for 3 1/2 hours before talking to me....

Point being, Nintendo did everything this gen that the pretty much did last gen in terms of provided software. THey just don't have enought shooters. This is why, though unrelated, I really want to see what Zelda does graphically today.

SaviorX said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
SaviorX said:

He said the Wii was too much of a risk, that's why games with 2 year development times should NOT be happening on the console. "There are no demos, so I don't know what I'm buying is quality." The "hardcore gamers that need to be satisfied" are a poisonous bunch. I never realized that he became so close-minded. Its like he absorbed every "We are hardcore" mantra that the insutry ever presented to him. His main complaint for Fire Emblem was that " I don't wanna sit in front of a screen for 2 1/2 hours on one mission, and permadeath is too much for me to handle". Mind you, this is after he played COD online for 3 1/2 hours before talking to me....

Point being, Nintendo did everything this gen that the pretty much did last gen in terms of provided software. THey just don't have enought shooters. This is why, though unrelated, I really want to see what Zelda does graphically today.

Thanks for sharing. I guess that I have strugled in between your brother's argument and yours for a while. I've got both a Wii and a PS3 and I'm really happy with both of them, but I´m really looking foward for Nintendo's E3 and I want them to keep the lead they've got nowadays in the gaming industry. I hope they have such an overwhelming success by the end of this generation by being atractive to every single type of gamer out there that in next generation every single 3rd party feels an ass if they don't fully support Nintendo's console, other than this generation.