By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GoldenEye 007 confirmed for Wii?

Farmageddon said:

"Environments are fully destructible, a way to keep the player moving: enemies will whittle protective cover down until it's useless."

From IGN: http://wii.ign.com/articles/109/1097593p1.html

They really seem to like it. Mostly good things, even though I'm not sure I like regenerating health.

That's a hell of a good reason to keep the graphics down. They need the physics and effects freed up.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
amp316 said:

...and then you had to ski home on one ski, just like George Lazenby in On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

No no, we walked back home uphill too.  Times and phsyics were both different back then...

noname2200 said:
amp316 said:

...and then you had to ski home on one ski, just like George Lazenby in On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

No no, we walked back home uphill too.  Times and phsyics were both different back then...

You must have lived in the same neighborhood as Bill Cosby.  Did you get a Jello Pudding Pop when you got home?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

LordTheNightKnight said:
Farmageddon said:

"Environments are fully destructible, a way to keep the player moving: enemies will whittle protective cover down until it's useless."

From IGN: http://wii.ign.com/articles/109/1097593p1.html

They really seem to like it. Mostly good things, even though I'm not sure I like regenerating health.

That's a hell of a good reason to keep the graphics down. They need the physics and effects freed up.

Yes. That explains it.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

amp316 said:
noname2200 said:
amp316 said:

You must have lived in the same neighborhood as Bill Cosby.  Did you get a Jello Pudding Pop when you got home?

We wished we had Jell - I'll stop now.

Around the Network

My most anticipated title as of now. It's probably the nostalgia creeping in but i had way too much fun with the original to ignore this. I hope they keep the awsome stealth mechanics unchanged and all the difficulty levels. I want to sneek around and shoot the cameras , kill the guards with my trusty silenced walter pp  with a head shot , i want to klobb those russians in the face and kill natalya with a point blank range head shot when she pisses me off dying too much. I want to chase sean bean around again and rocket launcher him in the back and most of all i want my one shot kill GOLDEN GUN! Oh and the dual rc-p90 too :p

I lost some of my interest after I read this on ign:

"It's a contemporary FPS design: no health pick-ups. Instead, you take cover to get your health to regenerate. You'll be able to vault over ledges and banisters, and take down enemies with up-close melee attacks."

F@#$§!! I hate those mechanics...why they can't make games whit health no more????

freebs2 said:

F@#$§!! I hate those mechanics...why they can't make games whit health no more????

Excellent question.   It probably makes it easier for developers in terms of level design or something, but it also makes the game less fun for the player (in my opinion).

theres some new information

right here http://e3.nintendo.com/wii/game/?g=goldeneye

Im happy we can play it with the classic pro

Nintendo made me a gamer so I'd be stupid to ever try to forget that                                             like so many people nowadays

The Top  Best Consoles Are SNES and PSX 

Currently Playing: 1.Monster Hunter tri 2.MegaMan 10

noname2200 said:
freebs2 said:

Excellent question.   It probably makes it easier for developers in terms of level design or something, but it also makes the game less fun for the player (in my opinion).

I totally agree about that, add saving/checkpoints every 30 seconds of play....that's why I can't take modern FPSs anymore.

Well at least it seems techinically well made nad has muliplayer split screen, I still consider this very likely for purchase.