By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did Microsoft just gifted SONY the HD WAR?

- the sport deal is really not that "HUGE" even in the US. It is a non event when you consider it in Europe ...

- are we sure Rising is exclusive to the 360 ? or is it coming to the PS3 too ?

Time to Work !

Around the Network

I was underwhelmed by the microsoft conference. Granted, Halo reach, Gears of War 3, and Fable 3 are great, but I wanted good Natal games.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

libellule said:

- the sport deal is really not that "HUGE" even in the US. It is a non event when you consider it in Europe ...

- are we sure Rising is exclusive to the 360 ? or is it coming to the PS3 too ?

We don't need it Europe. Just like ESPN but we have Sky already in the UK.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
-Newcloud- said:

they should have a redesigned xbox and kinect bundle... that bundle with a 349.99 price will be very appealing to those who want the new xbox and kinect...

yes i think that would have wiorked

the redesign was really just looking like a paint coat

Incredible shrinking paint... I mean you do realize it is actually smaller too right?

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

also, is it me or

ARE THEY DISCONTINUATING THE ARCADE MODEL ?

Time to Work !

Around the Network

lol Goddbless.

you're talking to the usual suspects here. It's just a paint job when MS do it but Sony and it's the best thing eva!

It looks like it lilbelue. But I might have read somewhere there's a price cut for it so maybe not

Edit it seems there is a price cut but that might be to clear it out

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=111326&page=1#

Goddbless said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
-Newcloud- said:

they should have a redesigned xbox and kinect bundle... that bundle with a 349.99 price will be very appealing to those who want the new xbox and kinect...

yes i think that would have wiorked

the redesign was really just looking like a paint coat

Incredible shrinking paint... I mean you do realize it is actually smaller too right?

so much smaller indeed ...

my question is about the price : are they gonna discoutinue their entry model (arcade) ?

Time to Work !

Lord Flashheart said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

So Microsoft's E3 conference is over and it didn't feel Microsoft.With their previous conferences which were exciting and filled with shocking announcements,this felt like Nintendo's Conference

Their MAJOR announcements:

XBOX 360 ELITE redesign - will appeal to existing userbase and also price wasn't reduced

ESPN Deal - not much difference

METAL GEAR RISING TRAILER -don't think this will make difference as MGS4 already on PS3 so MGS fans already own a console so they buy MGS RISING PS3.Also it will release next year so too late

NATAL - INTERESTING,lets see how people like it.late launch and hardcore title sellers not included

HALO REACH -  it should have had NATAL support optional but i think it was done becauser of the NATL 360 processor sharing would affect game quality.

So cherry picking to suit you? What about their other Major announcements.

SONY GUNS AVAILABLE:

GRAN TURISMO 5 - biggest PS GUN coming - lol so Halo isn't or GoW3 isn't for xbox?

MOVE - again interesting.lets see how people like it.but here BIG games are MOVE compatible like GT5 - Unlike Forza and Kinect or Fable?

OTHER OLD BIG GAMES - many of SONY's top franchises are coming back so they could influence. - Like Fable3?

EXCLUSIVES - MANY exclusives could be announced - true, COULD be

3D

halo and gow have already released 2-3 times this gen so they won't make impact  other than the existing userbase and their fans

FABLE 3 again released so nothing really,i was pointing to TWISTED METAL,LAST GUARDIAN,GT5,etc

FABLE ON KINECT is nowhere near GT5 MOVE also FABLE again lesser as already released even though this time with Kinect

FORZA releases next year till then GT5 will smash the racing genre to pieces

Lord Flashheart said:

It looks like it lilbelue. But I might have read somewhere there's a price cut for it so maybe not

the price cut (for elite and arcade) is for cleaning the stock for the SLIM

after we may see another price (right after the stock cleaning or for Natal)

but what about an arcade SLIM model ?

Time to Work !