By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Immediate XBOX 360 PRICE CUT ANNOUNCED "$149.99"

Goddbless said:

As long as there's a way to transfer your data over then I'll get one of the new 360s.

On the 360, Thumb-Drives are completely open, so you can transfer your data up to 16gb at a time, simply by using a thumb drive. Very simple, if you've ever used a thumb drive. :P

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
TheNoobHolocaust said:
leo-j said:

if it's a phase out, it isn't smart..

because that would mean the new 360 will be the onlyproduct available at $299.. that vs a 299 ps3 isn't smart

That and I don't think PS3 will stay st $299, especially with all of these rumors of a $199 PS3 with a 60gb harddrive (AKA Sony's Arcade model)

I don't think it would happen. It would be bold of Sony, but I bet they want to be green at least for one year. 

Acevil said:
TheNoobHolocaust said:
leo-j said:

if it's a phase out, it isn't smart..

because that would mean the new 360 will be the onlyproduct available at $299.. that vs a 299 ps3 isn't smart

That and I don't think PS3 will stay st $299, especially with all of these rumors of a $199 PS3 with a 60gb harddrive (AKA Sony's Arcade model)

I don't think it would happen. It would be bold of Sony, but I bet they want to be green at least for one year. 

Just rumors but I've heard that the 120gb model will be phased out and the 250gb will take its place at $299 and they will also introduce a $199 60gb "Arcade"-like PS3, Not sure if there is any truth to this, we shall see tomorrow.

Seece confrims that there is going to be a slim line arcade 360 soon

mM
leo-j said:

Seece confrims that there is going to be a slim line arcade 360 soon

"I" don't confirm it, I said I saw a couple sites reporting it as confirmed! Still trying to find the links, there are so many tonight.

Around the Network

Doesnt the word slim imply that the console itself is ... slim ?

This new 360 is barely smaller than the last. a little bit shiny and now has wireless... wow./ end sarcasm.

I do not see 360 sales increasing over PS3 sales (once the fire sale is done on existing models) unless Microsoft will actually have a new 360 arcade sku for $150 in the future.

also, why dont we know for sure what is happening price wise?

How much is Natal... i mean Kinects ? Microsofts conference is over and we still dont know these things.

Sony will not drop the price this year (sans bundles/ pack ins) and they will continue to outsell the 360 every week imo.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Alright so now i decided to pick up an Xbox360 Arcade. Looks like the Xbox will start picking up in sales again.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Being a bit of a devils advocate here, and stating the contrary. I must ask a very obvious question that isn't getting asked by anyone else in this thread. Am I the only who thinks that perhaps the whole era of the price wars ran its coarse. Yes there was a race to the lowest price point to sway the late adopters who wouldn't shell out large amounts of money for a game console. However that sweet spot was hit ages ago, and it is hard to imagine anyone sitting on that fence today. I mean do we think there is a hoard of gamers that have been living under a rock somewhere waiting for a very low price point that has been around for ages.

I think that is why Microsoft unveiled a shiny new model, and a new gimmick for their press conference. Price is no longer a major motivator for this generation. That card has already been played all the way out. There is nothing to be gained on the low end price front anymore. What is going to sell consumers on a console now is the novelty and quality of what is on the table. Not how much it will cost. Bottom line what is going to move consoles now is features, and the games.

Microsoft is betting on a new presentation to sell their console. Not on undercutting on the price front. They did that, and yeah it worked. However if your going to draw out a generation that is a strategy that must eventually slam into the hard wall, of there being nothing left to cut or streamline.

Just my thoughts, but this kind of thinking about the price points is over a year removed from the reality.

leo-j said:

the arcade will not be redesigned, microsoft are either phasing out the other models to have one general model, or are offering an extra option for those that can't purchase the 360 wifi.

They are phasing out, they said on gametrailers.com that once the older models are all gone it will just be the slim on the market for a while.

leo-j said:

The 360 arcade and elite are now down in price:

360 ARCADE $149.99

360 ELITE 120GB BUNDLED WITH TWO GAMES $249

360 NEW $299 250GB WIFI

Here is a confirmation video.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-xbox-360/101307