By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo E3 2010 Press Conference Thread

@nordlead, for the record I had never seen cruising.  That's just awefull looking.

Anyway, I shouldn't have come here to post my thoughts.  I should just know better by now.  Every single time I think, hey I could go discuss this with people.  And every single time people pop in, take one sentence I said and start tearing that apart, meanwhile completely ignoring everything else I said, including the possitive things.

I mean, basically, if you aren't just 100 percent praising something someone else is always going to have a problem with it.  I kind of thought difference of opinion is what makes us all unique but I forgot online difference of opinion means the other person is a stupid troll and deserves a good lashing. And I'm not talking about anyone in particular, just the net in general and definately a lot of people on this site.

And I think its very fair of you to admit you shouldn't have started your reply that way.  Thank you.

Now I'm going to go back to never leaving the VGChartz gamerscore league board because apparently its better for all of us that way :) And at least on there people value my thoughts and opinions and don't find them pointless.

Enjoy your nice lineup of upcoming games.

Around the Network
JPL78 said:

Anyway, I shouldn't have come here to post my thoughts.  I should just know better by now.  Every single time I think, hey I could go discuss this with people.  And every single time people pop in, take one sentence I said and start tearing that apart, meanwhile completely ignoring everything else I said, including the possitive things.

I mean, basically, if you aren't just 100 percent praising something someone else is always going to have a problem with it.  I kind of thought difference of opinion is what makes us all unique but I forgot online difference of opinion means the other person is a stupid troll and deserves a good lashing. And I'm not talking about anyone in particular, just the net in general and definately a lot of people on this site.

As I was pointing out above. the difference between trolling and opinion is all about delivery. Complaining about the tiniest things, making absolute statements that blow things out of proportion, and the like cause people to get pissed at your posts. A valid non-trolling opinion of goldeneye's graphics would be "they are average graphics", or "I'm not impressed by goldeneye's graphics". I could point out tons of games that look like crap on Wii. Goldeneye isn't one of them. It's not Super Mario Galaxy, but it isn't Ninjabread man either.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

E3 2010 in one gif:

We are Wii....Waiting for Pikmin 3! and Pikmin 2 NPC...

Playing:

- Donkey Kong Country Returns

- Minecraft!

-  Venezuela FTW!       

@nordlead, but you said I made a blanket statement which is not true.  I said Goldeneye had the worst graphics I had ever seen on Wii.  And actually I said quite possibly, meaning maybe not the absolute worst but pretty bad.  You showed me cruisin and I said okay, I'm wrong. How many other people on here are even capable of admiting they were wrong?

But as of me posting that it was completely truthful to my opinion of the video they showed.

It just seems if I was trolling or making blanket statements I would have said "Goldeneye has the worst Wii graphics ever.  Period."  That was clearly not the case.  Be reasonable here, I am being reasonable to you I think.

Anyway, it doesn't matter.  If I was trolling, I'm sorry. I still don't think I was and I think if you truely believed I was you would have just banned me or warned me of a ban but you didn't do that. And at no point have I been disrespectfull to anyone here.

JPL78 said:

@nordlead, but you said I made a blanket statement which is not true.  I said Goldeneye had the worst graphics I had ever seen on Wii.  And actually I said quite possibly, meaning maybe not the absolute worst but pretty bad.  You showed me cruisin and I said okay, I'm wrong. How many other people on here are even capable of admiting they were wrong?

But as of me posting that it was completely truthful to my opinion of the video they showed.

It just seems if I was trolling or making blanket statements I would have said "Goldeneye has the worst Wii graphics ever.  Period."  That was clearly not the case.  Be reasonable here, I am being reasonable to you I think.

Anyway, it doesn't matter.  If I was trolling, I'm sorry. I still don't think I was and I think if you truely believed I was you would have just banned me or warned me of a ban but you didn't do that. And at no point have I been disrespectfull to anyone here.

Eh it's chill man, just calm down lol we're all free to discuss, it's not even a big thing, just sometimes statements can be taken the wrong way because of wording, it happens all the time, people are just irked because there are a slew of people that make blanket statements to troll/stealth troll.

Anyway yeah Goldeneye looked rough to me as well, I was totally meh about it when it was leaked, but something about putting it next to so many awesome games made it way more attractive and started to think about 4 player splitscreen which is so rare (for all consoles sadly), it just appealed when I saw it with everything else.

As for your original sales bit, you stated something that is typically seen to be "impressive" (IE it's not and most people that read up on the sales know) when your console has such a high ratio, but last gen PS2 stomped Xbox and GC at overall software sales despite being lower in tie ratio, hell GC had something like a 10 point something tie ratio, it means jack though, I find it far more impressive to have stiff competition keep up with tie ratio despite being way ahead which hurts tie ratio a lot, especially as people start buying multiple consoles.

Anyway man, everything is squared away, no one is getting onto you, people just jumped cause of past experiences, it's cool to come out of the 360 gamerscore thread haha

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
kingwii said:

E3 2010 in one gif:

This one was priceless dude. 360 points xD

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Oh god this thread is going to degenerate into on of those "Its my opinion and you cant suppress an opinion or prove it wrong" threads?

Jesus I hate trolls

another fun thing about free will/opinions: you're free to express whether you believe someone's opinion is justified or just plain stupid

Don't want to sound corny, but it seems Nintendo just won this year's E3.

Dear lord, my wallet is going to be quite empty for the next couple of years or so

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.

- Douglas Adams

UnstableGriffin said:

Don't want to sound corny, but it seems Nintendo just won this year's E3.

Dear lord, my wallet is going to be quite empty for the next couple of years or so

Especially if 3DS turns out to be expensive.  Give us the price tag, Nintendo...