By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo E3 2010 Press Conference Thread

theRepublic said:

I'm worried too.

Unfortunately, I think it's safe to write it off.  Too bad, I know the same folks who liked Earth Defense Force would probably have been all over this, but that's probably too small an audience for NoA's tastes.

SmokedHostage said:

Why no 3DS price announcement?

That's the worrisome part...

Around the Network

From the responses I'm seeing from the Sony Confrence thread, it seems like Nintendo won E3.

*looks around*

It seems odd saying that.

Someone said there is that small conference later, like the one where they anounced Brawl and showed Zelda Wii Artwork, when is it? will there be a live blog?

Smeags said:

From the responses I'm seeing from the Sony Confrence thread, it seems like Nintendo won E3.

*looks around*

It seems odd saying that.

What happened there, by the way?  Gilgamesh didn't update the OP.  >:(

The 3DS really seems awesome, but am I the only one who is concerned about 3D visuals that only work within a certain sweetspot and motionsensors that basically invite developers to have the device be moved around?

It seems like a pretty big contradiction in hardware design, unless you limit it to movement where the player follows or make players turn off 3D.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:

Someone said there is that small conference later, like the one where they anounced Brawl and showed Zelda Wii Artwork, when is it? will there be a live blog?

If they stick with the pattern:

it will be later tonight (7/8 Pacific),

it will not be photographed,

there will be liveblogging allowed,

it's more likely to be a Q & A than anything,

there's a chance that a new title will be teased, but not shown.

The 2006 roundtable did first unveil Brawl and another big title (Galaxy?), although that was pretty exceptional.

Rainbird said:

The 3DS really seems awesome, but am I the only one who is concerned about 3D visuals that only work within a certain sweetspot and motionsensors that basically invite developers to have the device be moved around?

It seems like a pretty big contradiction in hardware design, unless you limit it to movement where the player follows or make players turn off 3D.

According to the impressions I've read, the range is fairly wide, so devs could do some moderate motion controls without ruining the 3D effect.  Alternatively, they could omit the 3D and just use more motion controls.  To be honest, I prefer this flexibility, since it offer more gameplay possibilities.

Talking, Move, Sorcery (Move game, apparently the motion controls are slick), Wii____ Move games, montages, KillZone 3 3D, talking, LBP2, talking, commercials, Kevin Butler, Gran Turismo release date (Nov 2), montages, Medal of Honor, Dead Space 2, PSP (no sign of 2, not even a price cut), inFamous 2 trailer, talking, and Twisted Metal.

No Agent, and no Last Guardian.

At least, this is what I got out of the thread. Didn't really see it myself.

From Gamespot: "Having stood in the snaking line for a long time in order to stand next to the pretty lady holding the pretty handheld system, I can say it was absolutely worth it. The top-screen 3D effect just simply works just as promised: no glasses required. The demo didn't feature actual gameplay (instead, it focused on still or lightly animated pictures), so I'm curious as to how games (and movies) will look in action. Nonetheless, Nintendo achieved exactly what you'd hope for with an E3 press conference: It made me want more."

So, no actual hands-on with 3D games yet?

LangDetecten>pt GoogleC
Tendo em

omg

http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1098192p1.html

ocarina 3ds

so Nintendo has nothing to worry about in terms of Motion Controls.  MS did a good job showing how Kinect is different and can offer new experiences.  Although I would prefer move they didn't show anything the diferientiated itself from Nintendo.  The price points are going to hinder both of them.  Nintendo truly deliverd with their conference outside of hte Zelda hiccups