By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo E3 2010 Press Conference Thread

Smeags said:

Talking, Move, Sorcery (Move game, apparently the motion controls are slick), Wii____ Move games, montages, KillZone 3 3D, talking, LBP2, talking, commercials, Kevin Butler, montages, Medal of Honor, Dead Space 2, PSP (no sign of 2, not even a price cut), inFamous 2 trailer, talking, and Twisted Metal.

No Agent, and no Last Guardian.

At least, this is what I got out of the thread. Didn't really see it myself.

Gotcha.  Thanks for the summary!

No new PSP, eh?  And not even a trailer for Agent... was Jaffe working on Twisted Metal after all?

Around the Network
Rainbird said:

The 3DS really seems awesome, but am I the only one who is concerned about 3D visuals that only work within a certain sweetspot and motionsensors that basically invite developers to have the device be moved around?

It seems like a pretty big contradiction in hardware design, unless you limit it to movement where the player follows or make players turn off 3D.

In an Iwata Asks they talked how you could make a FPS using the analog stick to move your character and movement to move camera angle, and the guy (can't really remember which one of them was) "demonstrated it" with his 3DS moving left-right and up-down in front of his face, maybe at a fixed distance. Point is, maybe you'll move it while retaining it's orientation and distance towards your eyes just about the same, as that's just kind of natural. Another possibility is that the 3D adjusts itself using info from the 3D camera in there, but that may be over the top.

There is probably an obvious answer to this question, but the 3DS has backwards compatibility with the DS right? I don't see why it wouldn't considering how the Slot 1 looks similar, but that is something very important in my opinion considering how the DS is the best platform to ever exist. 

sc94597 said:

There is probably an obvious answer to this question, but the 3DS has backwards compatibility with the DS right? I don't see why it wouldn't considering how the Slot 1 looks similar, but that is something very important in my opinion considering how the DS is the best platform to ever exist. 

yes it can play ds games but not GBA

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Farmageddon said:
Rainbird said:

The 3DS really seems awesome, but am I the only one who is concerned about 3D visuals that only work within a certain sweetspot and motionsensors that basically invite developers to have the device be moved around?

It seems like a pretty big contradiction in hardware design, unless you limit it to movement where the player follows or make players turn off 3D.

In an Iwata Asks they talked how you could make a FPS using the analog stick to move your character and movement to move camera angle, and the guy (can't really

remember
remember which one of them was) "demonstrated it" with his 3DS moving left-right and up-down in front of his face, maybe at a fixed distance. Point is, maybe you'll move it while retaining it's orientation and distance towards your eyes just about the same, as that's just kind of natural. Another possibility is that the 3D adjusts itself using info from the 3D camera in there, but that may be over the top.

That would the kind of movement where the player follows. It might actually be a good idea, hopefully this will persuade developers from doing tilt controls!

Around the Network
sc94597 said:

Yes it has: http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/

go to features.

Anybody else notice on the official Nintendo E3 page, on the Mario Kart section, the 2nd screenshot shows a track on Wii Sport Resort's Wuhu Island? The 3DS Pilotwings apparently takes place on the same island as well.... interesting.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

noname2200 said:
morenoingrato said:

Someone said there is that small conference later, like the one where they anounced Brawl and showed Zelda Wii Artwork, when is it? will there be a live blog?

If they stick with the pattern:

it will be later tonight (7/8 Pacific),

it will not be photographed,

there will be liveblogging allowed,

it's more likely to be a Q & A than anything,

there's a chance that a new title will be teased, but not shown.

The 2006 roundtable did first unveil Brawl and another big title (Galaxy?), although that was pretty exceptional.

Oh man please.... please don't let this happen... that sounds bad but my heart can't take anymore, like if they were to tease a new Mother game or Brawl I would just kill over, I'm completely done lol  I was afraid Sony would put me over that limit with TLG stuff but it didn't happen for whatever reason lol 

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

noname2200 said:
Smeags said:

Talking, Move, Sorcery (Move game, apparently the motion controls are slick), Wii____ Move games, montages, KillZone 3 3D, talking, LBP2, talking, commercials, Kevin Butler, montages, Medal of Honor, Dead Space 2, PSP (no sign of 2, not even a price cut), inFamous 2 trailer, talking, and Twisted Metal.

No Agent, and no Last Guardian.

At least, this is what I got out of the thread. Didn't really see it myself.

Gotcha.  Thanks for the summary!

No new PSP, eh?  And not even a trailer for Agent... was Jaffe working on Twisted Metal after all?

it's slightly out of order but it covered all the events.

And no, no new PSP (personally I think Sony is leaving PSP to die). No trailer for The Agent. And yes Jaffe is working on Twisted Metal after all.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Cheebee said:

Anybody else notice on the official Nintendo E3 page, on the Mario Kart section, the 2nd screenshot shows a track on Wii Sport Resort's Wuhu Island? The 3DS Pilotwings apparently takes place on the same island as well.... interesting.

As soon as I noticed it in the presskit, I squealed like a little girl.

I was also pretty damn excited. Wuhu Island is great.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3