By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo E3 2010 Press Conference Thread

MaxwellGT2000 said:
noname2200 said:
morenoingrato said:

Someone said there is that small conference later, like the one where they anounced Brawl and showed Zelda Wii Artwork, when is it? will there be a live blog?

If they stick with the pattern:

it will be later tonight (7/8 Pacific),

it will not be photographed,

there will be liveblogging allowed,

it's more likely to be a Q & A than anything,

there's a chance that a new title will be teased, but not shown.

The 2006 roundtable did first unveil Brawl and another big title (Galaxy?), although that was pretty exceptional.

Oh man please.... please don't let this happen... that sounds bad but my heart can't take anymore, like if they were to tease a new Mother game or Brawl I would just kill over, I'm completely done lol  I was afraid Sony would put me over that limit with TLG stuff but it didn't happen for whatever reason lol 

yeah, new mother game and I'll have a heart atack

Around the Network
saicho said:

And yes Jaffe is working on Twisted Metal after all.

Hmph.  Not a surprise, but what a liar!

A few things:

I loved when Miyamoto said it is important to Zelda to have weapons and a map.  Thanks genious, 90 percent of all games made use a map and weapons.

Something was up with the Zelda demo, Link in no way at all even began to match his actions with the Wiimote.  But I'm attributing this to video lag and nothing else.

I love how apparently 3D glasses are a creation of the devil and henseforth very evil.  I wasn't aware that most people feel slipping on a pair of shades is somehow a big huge ordeal.  But I wear glasses everyday so, I don't know.  I know when I watched Avatar I forgot I was wearing them practically.

Also important to note one of the game designers noted he wouldn't have to look stupid wearing glasses on the subway.  Great, but I'm thinking when you are blowing into the microphone and waving your arms in front of the motion sensors you will look way more stupid.

Seemed kind of hypocritcal for the company that has constantly told us graphics are not important is now claiming that basically better graphics enable better gameplay and luckily the 3DS has better graphics.

Goldeneye looked like extreme crap and has, quite possibly the worst graphics I've ever seen on the Wii.

Otherwise, no complaints except for the fact that its hard to get that hyped about a 3D system when you can't experience the actual 3D effect over television screen.  But I'll probably be one of the first inline to buy a 3DS, I just really want to see it in action first.

I liked when Reggie claimed that the Mario sports game would probably be popular.  You think?

Also find it funny that in the past Miyamoto ragged on Donkey Kong Country as being nothing but eye candy and lacking in gameplay, yet now we find Nintendo pimping a new Donkey Kong Country that looks like it plays almost exactly the same.

Anyway, those are my thoughts, still don't want a Wii.  Very interested in the 3DS.  As an Xbox fan I am humbled and disapointed to say I enjoyed the Nintendo conference better.  I'll watch Sony's tommorow.

Also it was misleading when Reggie said the Wii has sold more games.  Sure, but look how many more Wiis are out there.  I will be impressed if the Wii has sold more games proportionally to its owner base but that's not what he said.

And I found it funny when he said Wii owners both A. buy lots of games and B. never lose interest in the system.  Because everyone I know that personally has one (granted, just a few people) neither buy games or play their systems at all anymore.

Lastly I was confused about how the touching of the screen degraded 3D.  I mean I understand that but he then said, so only the bottom screen is a touch screen.  Is he basically saying, well, only one of your screens will degrade? Is that acceptable?

But, Resident Evil in 3D on a handheld *drools*

JPL78 said:

Also it was misleading when Reggie said the Wii has sold more games.  Sure, but look how many more Wiis are out there.  I will be impressed if the Wii has sold more games proportionally to its owner base but that's not what he said.

And I found it funny when he said Wii owners both A. buy lots of games and B. never lose interest in the system.  Because everyone I know that personally has one (granted, just a few people) neither buy games or play their systems at all anymore.

Because it's not important, do you really think a gamecompany is interested in the attach rate instead of games sold????

Well that's just anecdotal and proves nothing, I know many people who are enjoying the system including me.

Around the Network
JPL78 said:

For gauging nationwide trends, do we believe NPD data, or JPL78's just a few people?

Anyhow, it's marketing talk.  Don't let it get to you.

Gnac said:
Cheebee said:

Anybody else notice on the official Nintendo E3 page, on the Mario Kart section, the 2nd screenshot shows a track on Wii Sport Resort's Wuhu Island? The 3DS Pilotwings apparently takes place on the same island as well.... interesting.

As soon as I noticed it in the presskit, I squealed like a little girl.

I was also pretty damn excited. Wuhu Island is great.

Yeah...Miyamoto said last year at E3 that he would like that many future games use that island (Wii Sports Resort) as a main world...

We are Wii....Waiting for Pikmin 3! and Pikmin 2 NPC...

Playing:

- Donkey Kong Country Returns

- Minecraft!

-  Venezuela FTW!       

@Sleepwaking, so, you know people who enjoy the system and I know people who don't.  What's the point? Reggie didn't say most people, or some people fell into the category , he just basically said, as a matter of fact, Wii owners buy more games and enjoy their systems longer.  I'm just pointing it out that is not always the case.

Also I could care less if it matters to Nintendo or not what the attach rate it, it matters to me.  He was making the point that Wii owners ALL buy lots of games.  This is clearly not true.

@noname2200, I know, Microsoft does it, Nintendo does it, Sony does it.  I think you completely missed my point that some people don't fall under the description he provided. That's all.  If someone is going to make skewed statements like he did I don't understand why I'm being faulted for sharing my personal experience and its differences to what he said.

Look, everyone who is going to come in here and attack me, whatever.  I said it was an entertaining conference.  I said it was better than Microsoft.  I said I want a 3DS.  I'm obviously not anti-Nintendo and when it came to Zelda I said it was probably video lag.  I didn't read this post but I'm guessing more than a few immature people came into this post screaming about how Zelda sucked because it didn't sync up.  Meanwhile I stated it was probably video lag.  At least I'm being realistic and fair.  But I guess that just doesn't stop the hardcore fans for ripping into anyone who brings up even the slightest problems with their beloved company.

JPL78 said:

@noname2200, I know, Microsoft does it, Nintendo does it, Sony does it.  I think you completely missed my point that some people don't fall under the description he provided. That's all.  If someone is going to make skewed statements like he did I don't understand why I'm being faulted for sharing my personal experience and its differences to what he said.

I'll ignore the victim complex in the rest of your post, and limit myself to saying that the reason I replied to your first post was that it was, quite simply, pointless.  The man based his speech on national data.  He did this to make a point.  Neither he nor anyone else said that this was a universal truth.  In essence, you're complaining about something that he never said.  :-/

noname2200 said:
JPL78 said:

I'll ignore the victim complex in the rest of your post, and limit myself to saying that the reason I replied to your first post was that it was, quite simply, pointless.  The man based his speech on national data.  He did this to make a point.  Neither he nor anyone else said that this was a universal truth.  In essence, you're complaining about something that he never said.  :-/

Sometimes what you don't say is more important than what you do say.

And I don't take kindly to you calling my post pointless but, okay, you are entitled to your opinion.