By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is MS and Sony trying to copy Nintendo

i just saw a line-up for kinect a game like nintendodogs a game like wii sports and some other immitations move games seem a lot wii like sports game after 5 years of mocking nintendo they are trying to be nintendo where is the so <GRAPHICS IS EVERYTHING,AMAZING EXPERIENCE, not a silly stick to play around like an idiot> now they are trying to make both PS3 and 360 a lot more casual

Around the Network

Well, they're aiming at the same audience as the Wii, and mini games seems to be the best bet to get a hold of them. To Microsoft and Sony at least. I don't know if they're actually copying Nintendo, or saying "This will work well". Or both maybe.

We'll see if they succeed with it.

Of course, they are trying. I can understand that it's all for new public and new profits, but I'm really not interested in motion controlling right now. I'm looking forward 3D. 

No.

If they were copying Nintendo, they'd be showing stuff we haven't seen before*.

*Excludes animatronic elephant.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

After seeing videos of Kinect Sports and Sports Champion, I'm convinced they are.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

Just trying to get a slice of the market.

Of course they're trying to copy Nintendo. This is how the industry works: barring disruptions, the losers copy the winner the next time around. For example, Nintendo tried to copy the PS1 last gen, not that it did Nintendo very much good. Now the tables have turned, and Nintendo is the one being copied. It just happens.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Saying it's "copying" is just a bunch of spin propoganda bull@#$%.

They did market research and are providing consumers with a new gameplay experience on console of their choise, as well as an HD option for motion controls.

Of course they are.  They both banked on certain games/features to win the generation and have been edged out by motion controls from Wii.  But it's the nature of business.  The question is will they simply be less effective offerings or actually differentiate themselves over time?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

companies copy each other all the time. It's called busniess. lol