By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is MS and Sony trying to copy Nintendo

The influence both Microsoft and Sony endure are from the gaming public. The public wants something and Sony and Microsoft just want to give their 'clients' or 'potential clients' the ability to have a more complete experience on their console. It is all about the market. The PS3 and X360 can do both Casual and Hardcore games, hence they are trying to offer both. If Nintendo wishes to offer an HD experience to their users, they are free to do so. 

You cannot legitimately put forward a notion that companies such as Microsoft or Sony are copying Nintendo since you can't 'copy' another company by catering games for a 'genre'. Both Microsoft and Sony had games that catered for the casual gamers long before the Wii-Casual Reference came about with games such as crash bandicoot, Banjo Kazooie, Viva pinata, Buzz and many games that came out on the Xbox and PS2.

Would you say nintendo was trying to copy the PS3 and X360 by allowing games on it such as the conduit? Or better yet, Metroid prime?

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

Around the Network
Shoestar said:

Did Konami copy EA by doing Pro Evolution Soccer? 

Uh, Konami made ISS before EA made FIFA if you want to go there. :P

jarrod said:
Shoestar said:

Uh, Konami made ISS before EA made FIFA if you want to go there. :P

Fifa Soccer: 

Release date(s) Annually, 1993–present

ISS:

Release date(s) Annually, 1995-2003

I think that is fairly accurate as I remember the first 'real' football game I played was fifa 94.

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

Shoestar said:
jarrod said:
Shoestar said:

Uh, Konami made ISS before EA made FIFA if you want to go there. :P

Fifa Soccer: 

Release date(s) Annually, 1993–present

ISS:

Release date(s) Annually, 1995-2003

I think that is fairly accurate as I remember the first 'real' football game I played was fifa 94.

ISS started as Japan only in 1991 on Famicom, the first western version was in 1995.

No.  Nintendo is copying them. 

They just happen to have a time machine, went into the future, saw exactly what MS and Sony were going to, and did it first. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger