By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WORLD EXCLUSIVE: SEGA's Next Generation Arcade/Console Plans Unveiled!

Lulz. I'll believe it when I see it, haha.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

I have a better PC than what was posted up there (better CPU and a gtx480) and I can't come even close to playing Metro 2033 on very high in 3D. I have to lower the game quality a lot before that works. So I am not too hopeful at all for this.

Furthermore going by the spec up there, currently it should be over $700, so by the time it rolls around next year around $500 as a best case scenario, and that is just the CPU GPU RAM.

All in all either SEGA are fucking up in all sorts of ways here, or those are not the real specs.

I'd buy it.  No lie.  

Just tell me if this is real?

4 console companies do not survive for long, and unfortunately its the other companies with the deepest pockets.

edit> i dont believe this. GODDAMN the rumours this year are so cruel.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

While it is almost certainly BS, I can't help but get a little excited inside

Around the Network
megaman79 said:

edit> i dont believe this. GODDAMN the rumours this year are so cruel.

To be fair, it isn't just this year. Zachary Morris has been pushing the idea of a new Sega console for at least two years now. He predicted the Dreamcast 2 for 9/9/09.

He's been banned from VGChartz (account name was "sales" or something like that), and I think Lastgengamer should be banned as well for posting this stupid shit!

I'd like to see this happen. Remember what happened the last time sega released new technology ahead of it's time. lol

Corny ass name.

No.

4 ≈ One

Neptune was the codename for Sega's canceled Genesis 32X combo unit in the mid 90s btw.