By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WORLD EXCLUSIVE: SEGA's Next Generation Arcade/Console Plans Unveiled!

Solid_Snake4RD said:

just because i listed 10 and 9 got royalties doesn't mean you will list 10 and 9 will get royalties.

WARNERS defection was death blow as it was the last makor publisher but it was also the last major publisher not with BLU-RAY so it didn't matter much if it didn't come

one way of the HD-DVD would have collapsed or did so warner just came to blu-ray

when you have already won the most war ther is no reason to just provide ur future income to bring one player which is gonna come to you one day or the other

the insight is that no company would just go out and say we are fucked,we are sacrifiing this for future so we fucked ur share values shareholders

Of course it doesn't.  The fact that the BDA distributes royalties to over 30 companies has nothing to do with that, I was just commenting on the funny coincidence.

Warner staying HD-DVD only would've drawn out the format war, would've kept Paramount doing multiplatform support, and could've potentially drawn more content providers to take a similar stance.  While HD-DVD never had near the adoption BD could boast (due to PS3), it did have comparable video sales and there was the threat of a diversified/split market.  Warner being enticed into BD support essentially ended that, which is why the BDA adopted so many of their patents and let the royalties flow.  This is why Warner is the 4th biggest taker in the BDA.

No sane company would've released a product like PS3, a product that within 4 years has completely wiped out all profits for it's division since it's inception over a decade earlier.  If they'd known then what they know now, we'd have gotten a MUCH different PlayStation 3.  Sony didn't expect to sacrifice anything, they expected to dominate as always.  They thought their brand was inpenetrable.  Again, arrogance and hubris.

Around the Network
jarrod said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

just because i listed 10 and 9 got royalties doesn't mean you will list 10 and 9 will get royalties.

WARNERS defection was death blow as it was the last makor publisher but it was also the last major publisher not with BLU-RAY so it didn't matter much if it didn't come

one way of the HD-DVD would have collapsed or did so warner just came to blu-ray

when you have already won the most war ther is no reason to just provide ur future income to bring one player which is gonna come to you one day or the other

the insight is that no company would just go out and say we are fucked,we are sacrifiing this for future so we fucked ur share values shareholders

Of course it doesn't.  The fact that the BDA distributes royalties to over 30 companies has nothing to do with that, I was just commenting on the funny coincidence.

Warner staying HD-DVD only would've drawn out the format war, would've kept Paramount doing multiplatform support, and could've potentially drawn more content providers to take a similar stance.  While HD-DVD never had near the adoption BD could boast (due to PS3), it did have comparable video sales and there was the threat of a diversified/split market.  Warner being enticed into BD support essentially ended that, which is why the BDA adopted so many of their patents and let the royalties flow.  This is why Warner is the 4th biggest taker in the BDA.

No sane company would've released a product like PS3, a product that within 4 years has completely wiped out all profits for it's division since it's inception over a decade earlier.  If they'd known then what they know now, we'd have gotten a MUCH different PlayStation 3.  Sony didn't expect to sacrifice anything, they expected to dominate as always.  They thought their brand was inpenetrable.  Again, arrogance and hubris.

WARNER IS NOT THE BIGGEST TAKER

HD-DVD would have ended whether or not WARNER was in or out in the next 1 year when the war ended as that time

no sane company? - but they weren doing it with a future profit goal in mind and noways did PS3 wipeout all the profit os PS division

SONY knew they would sacfrice the PS brand for now - you must not know anything about business if you would think SONY would expect profits.there are research,surveys,etc carried out

they thought theor brand was inpenetrabble but that was only shown on the outside.inside they were expecting this

I would buy this Day one. I love sega, I miss my Dreamcast...  nIghts in 3D? Yes please.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.