By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WORLD EXCLUSIVE: SEGA's Next Generation Arcade/Console Plans Unveiled!

This is funny. If this is true don't expect heavy support by Sega. Maybe this is just something to test the waters and guage the market but this market cannot support 4 consoles and Segas days have passed.

"What have i done.? Is it too late to save me from this place? From the depths of the grave? We all are those .. who thought we were brave."

Around the Network

THIS SEEMS TO BE A PC more than a console and price will be high

It's Sega News Wire.

What more do you need to say.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

jarrod said:

Neptune was the codename for Sega's canceled Genesis 32X combo unit in the mid 90s btw.

i love playing that controler

mike_intellivision said:

It's Sega News Wire.

What more do you need to say.

Mike from Morgantown

why do you need to write MIke from ...............

Around the Network

Id love to see sega back in the console business.

But GTX470 is not enough to have a full 1080p stereoscopic next gen games. You'd need GTX480 SLI physics card in 2011-2012 to churn out 1080p 3D with flawless graphics.

ummm, Microsoft tried a straight off the shelf system and I'm pretty sure it cost them billions in losses. I don't think SEGA could afford that.

This is clearly a bunch of BS.

superchunk said:

ummm, Microsoft tried a straight off the shelf system and I'm pretty sure it cost them billions in losses. I don't think SEGA could afford that.

Its actually the best way to go for a smaller company.

I mean, howmany billions has Sony lost making that Cell chip? They had to price the console at 599 at launch to boot and still take a huge loss. For 599 they could have easily built and  equal or greater power console in 2006.

The only way a smaller company can make a console/portable device is to use off the shelf parts, Google Android OS and sell it to you at cost.

Regardless, the story is still BS

disolitude said:
superchunk said:

Its actually the best way to go for a smaller company.

I mean, howmany billions has Sony lost making that Cell chip? They had to price the console at 599 at launch to boot and still take a huge loss. For 599 they could have easily built and  equal or greater power console in 2006.

The only way a smaller company can make a console/portable device is to use off the shelf parts, Google Android OS and sell it to you at cost.

Regardless, the story is still BS

I agree with you on something. lol

Slightly OT, but I've always thought a boutique enthusiast consumer version of their arcade boards wouldn't be a bad move for Sega.  Something along the lines of NeoGeo, where the consumer version was still somewhat expensive (ie: for profit), narrowly distributed/advertised (ie: for diehards/collectors mainly) and had no-frills perfect arcade ports six months after the original arcade releases.  Could be a nice side business for their profitable AM sector and could help serve the small if vocal fanbase who actually wants these games at home.