By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Game prices NATAL £145

After GAME revealed a countdown timer yesterday to today's Natal conference held in LA. It appears that the Danish GAME has priced the product at 1.299,00 DKK.

Converting this to UK pounds works out at around £145 that's just over $200 or 175 Euros. To put things into perspective, Danish Game also sells the Xbox 360 Arcade for the same price. We're not sure how accurate this pricing is, or whether it reflects the pricing in other countries. However, if this is indeed the true price, and regardless of whether it ships with a game pack is still quite expensive and will probably be too much for some. GAME UK now list the product available for pre-order for a deposit of £20. It has been reported that Microsoft aims to shift some 5 million Natal units.

http://www.msxbox-world.com/xbox360/news/article/12508/Boka_Xbox360.html#a33127_2fP

Around the Network

Interesting... that is quite a lot of money, they better have some good games to go with it

Munkeh111 said:

Interesting... that is quite a lot of money, they better have some good games to go with it

i don't think good games will do the trick if they price it that high

Good games or not, that's simply too much to garner new console sales. It may sell ok to existing users, but it won't cause any shift in Wii to 360 owners.

They better have some good bundles at that price, I tell you that...

Around the Network

Ok so its not gonna sell well now at that price! Maybe it means the 360 comes bundled with it at that price?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:

Ok so its not gonna sell well now at that price! Maybe it means the 360 comes bundled with it at that price?

an arcade could come at that price though but for the mooment its just NATAL itself

Natal will fail confirmed

If that's the case, Natal's gonna fail. An addon priced as high as a console? If you're a casual player would you buy a console with 2 games in the package (Wii Wii Sports Wii Sports Resort) or a console with an addon and maybe no game for the double price? This would be a problem for MS, they chose to make an interesting product but price is very important to sell, the PS3 showed it.

I'm not sure this is true, but anyway Natal will cost a lot, way more than a Wiimote or a Move.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

I don't believe it. Too high.

No quality of software could push that kind of price. M is smarter then that. 

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.