By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Game prices NATAL £145

4 hours to go for release date announcement

http://www.game.co.uk/?cm_mmc=BMM-G-_-Brand-_-Brand - Core-_-game

GAMERewards

Welcome Guest,

use your Reward Card to save even more!

Reward card help

Earn Points every time you shop with a Game Reward Card. You can save money off your future orders!
Find out more

Find out more

Recently Viewed

PSP 2 will launch this year.Announcement at E3 2010.

Around the Network

This is old and is only a speculated price without any basis.

It's the same price the Swedish retailers (including GAME Sweden) put for Natal over a month ago. (1500 SEK = 1299 in Danish money = £145)

Too high to be true... MS wouldn't be doing any reviving with a price like that.

'If' this is the price of Natal, M$ have FAILED!. 

However, they are nowhere near this stupid. This would more likely be the price of the console and Natal. 

Ouch!!!!

It has no chance at that price, I know it's not the same but just look at DJ Hero's price when it was first released, people are just not interested at expensive peripherals it will not have good sales, throughout videogaming history I think there hasn't been a single addon which is expensive that hasn't died a slow death ie: Jaguar cd, 32x, mega cd and many more I can't think of.

But I'm hoping that this is a MS marketing ploy, meaning that they're putting out feelers to gauge the level of pricing that people are willing to pay, but when the actual release is near we might see a drastic lowering of the price  wrong footing everybody, similar to Sony's 'bait and switch' with the name 'ARC' which made MS to comment about naming copyrights/legal action only for Sony  to pull out the official name 'Playstation Move' .

So essentially I'm hoping MS are not arrogant enough to release a £100-£150 addon.

Around the Network

it could also be that they just priced it high as Denmark idn't an important region for NATAL so they priced it high but will price it lower in USA

What a flamebait UNTRUE title if ever I saw one.

Buzzi said:

If that's the case, Natal's gonna fail. An addon priced as high as a console? If you're a casual player would you buy a console with 2 games in the package (Wii Wii Sports Wii Sports Resort) or a console with an addon and maybe no game for the double price? This would be a problem for MS, they chose to make an interesting product but price is very important to sell, the PS3 showed it.

I'm not sure this is true, but anyway Natal will cost a lot, way more than a Wiimote or a Move.

Yeah i dont see people picking this up when theres a cheaper alternative like the Wii, with a bigger games library. and even if it starts to sell, nintendo can undercut them at any time. the only way i see this working is if its bundled with a slim redesign. and theres gonna have to be some heavy marketing showcasing the games, the only ones we've seen so far dont look that appealing to me.

anyway we'll see, i personally think it will have the opposite of the intended effect.and the key thing is games, some of the Wii games (RE: darkside chronicles, Dead Space Extracton) that wern't successful on the wii can go cross platform, giving move an edge that already dissadvantages natal.

gosh, thats waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too expensive. i doubt it's true.

and UK usually has better prices than the rest of europe...

Seece said:

What a flamebait UNTRUE title if ever I saw one.

Uhm... how?

GAME has priced Natal at £145...