By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 2010 Press Conference Thread

Well.  I enjoyed the first part with Gears and Reach and Black Ops.  But man all of the Kinect demo of games and social parts was just bad.  Although I did like the ESPN deal.  Kinect has a noticeable delay and the game seem like cheap rips off of Wii or Eyetoy games that have already come out.  I mean I guess it would be alright if it didn't have such a delay.  Man I hope they are able to work that out before Novemember.

On better news, 360 slim announced and will be in stores by the end of the week.  Now that is sweet.  Might have to pick me up one. 

Around the Network

I didn't get my Kinect killerapp And they didn't price it either, what the hell?

But still, Kinect looks quite good, and the UI looks absolutely awesome!

Sorry but no price drop? Seriously??? That's an epic fail if you ask me. The redesigned model probably costs less than the old model, so the extra hard disk space and wireless network doesn't cost Microsoft anything. And how about the power supply, is it still external?

Grimes said:

They spent half the time on Kinect and we don't even know how much it will cost or when we can get it...

Nov 4th. It was announced earlier in the conference.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Very disappointing conference. The Kinect stuff was zzzzzzz for me.  New slimbox looks nice, though I was hoping for a $50 price cut.

Around the Network

Sooo.. Did MS actually announce any new games? You know, besides the Kinect shovelware?

Pretty ho-hum overall.  The Kinect stuff was okay, Gears/Rising/etc solid if expected, the slim's nice... but man, no surprise and nothing I can honestly say I'm really looking forward to.  I'm curious how the industry press will respond to this...

leo-j said:

I can't rate it,  but I have to say the NATAL stuff shown off impressed me.. to the point that I was like mhm..

and 250GB 360 with WIFI for $299..

vs 120gb ps3 for $299..

sony better do something

I'd still buy the PS3 :|

I'm dissapointed. I was really looking for reasons to FINALLY get a 360. Just redesigned 360 casual Kinect games some exclusive DLC is too less for me. ESPN doesn't interest me the slightest since I can't even watch it (America exclusive).

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

ShadowSoldier said:

So let me get this straight....MS thinks a redesign with No Price drop is going to halt the PS3......

Wiifii inside bigger hard drive nerw design  hope it will not break

= sales UP

Time to Work !